• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

SPB Shell 3D - Anyone tried it on SG2?

I haven't but have been tempted. Unfortunately i don't think the 15 minute refund window is long enough for me to decide and it's not cheap!

I haven't but have been tempted. Unfortunately i don't think the 15 minute refund window is long enough for me to decide and it's not cheap!

Yes 15 minutes is ridiculous. I bought it and will post back here my impression.

I installed it, played with it for 10 mins, then uninstalled it and got a refund - looks flashy but not really suitable for day to day use. Shame - had potential.
I will stick to GO launcher for now.

I have it (though I don't use it at the moment).

It is really nice. Amazing for showing off to iPhone users!

True; it does not have as many customization as other launchers- But if you don't want something too complex, maybe just as a change from the TouchWiz Launcher, then its a great app.

I'll be happy to answer any questions.

‪Spb Shell 3D 1.2 for Android Has Tablet Mode‬‏ - YouTube

Has anyone tried this home replacement solution? Looks nifty.

The tablet mode looks very interesting - assuming text and icons actually are large enough to see on a 4.3" screen without holding the phone right in front of your eyes? - but other than that I'm not really seeing anything, aside from a little extra eye candy, in that video showing me why I should choose it over the excellent GoLauncher I'm currently using.
And even less so at that price, and with no trial version if I'm not mistaken?

I use this and like it a lot. Tried other launchers and just don't get them. Cost is quite high for an app though but the way I look at it is that's 2.5 pints I'd otherwise wee up a wall...

i am using it right now. it's my favorite launcher at the moment. i'm not too crazy about customizability so it's perfect for me. super smooth and stable.

Use it too. Best Launcher by far. Very expensive yes but once its done its done. Youll never replace it. Go launcher and Launcher pro are U/S

I brought SPB Shell 3D last month having been using launcher pro before that on my SGS2 and N1. I find it the smoothest experience I’ve had in a launcher. With LPP I found that I could have 5 home screens filled and keep it fairly fluid. With Shell 3D I now have 9-10 and its somehow smoother.

The carousel is really pleasing on the eyes if you go with all black, not a massive amount of use but if you have 10 plus screens it can be quicker for navigation once you start using it more. Again super fluid 100% of the time.

The widgets included are good; the animations on the weather for example are subtle but well done. The folder system is the best I’ve had on android and the way home screens are reorganised to make room for additions is something Google need to have a standard because it makes so much sense. There is even a little buffer zone where if your screen is full, icons/widgets will drop off to the buffer to accommodate the new item, and will change back if you remove it -awesome!

There is still room for features we have come to expect from Go/ADW/LLP. Customisable dock, hiding apps in the drawer, homescreen looping, restart launcher etc. The memory foot print is pretty big I've seen it hit 80mb, wouldn't surprise me if it passes 100mb at some points.

I have compromised a little the way I like my launcher to look, like having to have a 3rd party app drawer as I hate it unorganised but in return I am getting alot of positives.

The price is relatively high and more advanced features are needed in the long run but if you take this as a work in progress the speed and shine of this launcher take some beating. in its current version I give it 8 - 8.5 / 10

Back
Top Bottom