• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Splashtop HD

Oh, so it IS there? Does it function just like the app found in Google Play, or is it something stripped down?

I believe it is exactly the same as the stand alone version, just captured inside the my cloud framework. I use it quite a bit and it works very well. I've looked at the market version, but for $10, it isn't worth it not to have to open my cloud and then splashtop.

Upvote 0
....for $10, it isn't worth it not to have to open my cloud and then splashtop.

I found a workaround!

I was looking to see if I could long-press the homescreen to get the context menu, as I wanted to see if I could create a shortcut to directly enter Splashtop and bypass the OEM app. Well, after being disappointed at the fact that long-pressing only brings up the wallpaper menu (Boo!), I did some googling and found that Any Cut can create shortcuts in ICS. Lo and behold, it was able to make a direct shortcut to Splashtop HD. How sweet is that? :D (can you tell I'm a little stoked?)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones