• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Sprint]Actual data limit?

i used about 60 gb on 4 g and then 4 gb on the 3 g. i have the hot spot on my phone and unlimited data plan. i got a call the other day saying they now caped it at 5 gb for 3 g and 4g which ever hits 5 gb first,BUT they say this is just for the hot spot. the phone 3g and 4g are still unlimited. i was told by sprint that ANY streaming, gaming, downloading, watching moves including u tube and hulu are banned. i went round and round about that and left it with why do u offer block buster and sprint tv on your phones if every thing is so called banned. after about a hour i got this little golden key of info from them. i asked how can i tell how much data did i use on my phone vs hot spot. they say there is no way for them to tell which is which. lol they just target ppl with high data

Chances are on a download of that size sprint will just interrupt your connection resulting in a bad download. Either that or the million ways you can get interference etc. Further more Soliex if you're playing WoW then don't you have an internet connection at home?

Also, you should probably be advised starting on the 1st of the Month, tethering is officially limited to 5GB and they can and most likely will charge you per MB at the scary price of $.05 per MB. So even at two gigabytes over... that's over $100 in charges. And believe me, they WILL know if you're tethering or not. It is VERY easy to determine if someone is tethering.

Yes, there is a data limit and letter to come with it. 100gb+ every month and they will notice, excessive downloading or streaming is what they call it.

Edit: Called sprint, p2p/torrents are red flagged/forbidden, letter came because of that. Nevermind the data use.

Back
Top Bottom