• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Sprint] Help with Mobile Data on Darthstalker S4 ROM

Hi Everyone,

I've installed the Darthstalker ROM for my Sprint Galaxy S4 phone and mobile data does not activate. I've chosen Sprint in the Aroma installer and nothing. I've done the full wipe and followed instruction fully the best I can tell. While I'm certainly not a pro, I've flashed many ROMs and have never had an issue with mobile data coming up.

I really want to give this ROM a go.

Any ideas?

★[ROM] ☆ DARTHSTALKER S4 ☆ | VERSION X | Aroma | Multi-Carrier | 12.11.2013 ☆ - xda-developers

Thanks,

MG

hey I'm super busy and been searching for about an hour and this is the only thing I can find about this issue....
can you share the links and/or solution to this problem?
I found a temporary solution to go into the settings and manually force the network to search. but everytime I lose signal or toggle wifi.. I can't get the data to stick. Almost like the auto-connect doesn't work.
thanks a bunch for the links.

Upvote 0
I had the same problem and fixing it is easy. On your stock ROM look up your APN settings and write them down EXACTLY. Now flash your custom ROM and kernel settings. If you got your WiFi then go to mobile settings and go to where your APN settings for your carrier and edit them to your old settings. Don't do a search. Edit. For myself all goes well from here. Ive flashed Wicked 9.1 , Hyperdrive RLS12 , SHOstock vr3 , Darthstalker. All aroma installed. WiFi worked but not mobile until I EDITTED the APN settings manually. Galaxy s4 on Darthstalker for now. Who knows in an hour? Maybe WICKED. ATT SAFESTRAPED 3.71

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones