• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root sprint hotspot

htcman724

Android Enthusiast
i have a ver 4 evo and its rooted running the stock rom and kernal is there a way to get the sprint hot spot to work? i'm using barnical wifi tether now but would really like to use the hotspot app.

The easiest way would probably be to just flash a custom ROM such as Warm 2.2 or MikFroyo. Both of those have a hacked sprint hotspot included already.

i understand that but i really like the stock rom and have it the way i like it except for the hotspot.

I don't think there is a downloadable hacked hotspot. You can download wifi tether for root and use that. It has the option to enable security also I believe though I generally use it while driving when my kids want to use their ipods online in the car so haven't tried enabling it.

unfortunately, there is no way to get the hotspot unless you flash a custom rom. you really should looking into flashing mikfroyo 4.5. it has everything you are looking for:
bloatware removed and a hacked sprint hotspot. also it is a very small rom and does not take up a lot of internal memoy and because of that it is extremely fast. check it out.

i know about the hesitation on flashing different roms. i'm now totally addicted to trying something new on my phone. feel free to ask any questions you have.

You actually can unlock the Sprint hotspot feature without flashing a custom rom that already has it unlocked. All of the ROMs that have the hotspot feature got the mod from Calkulin. You can flash this mod yourself, but I believe you need to at least have a deodexed ROM. You can get a stock ROM that is deodexed without much problem, though. Everything will still be stock, but you will simply be able to flash mods.

http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-all...net-tethering-w-evo-4g-3g-wireless-wired.html

Back
Top Bottom