• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Sprint] Rooting phone WITHOUT computer

kturcotte

Newbie
My Sprint Galaxy S4 is currently on Android 4.2.2 and rooted. The phone has grabbed 4.3 and is waiting for me to start the update. I know that once I do, I'm going to lose root acces though. I want to keep the phone rooted. However, I no longer have access to a pc of any sort. Is there anyway to root the phone using the phone itself? My phone is the ONLY computer like device I currently have.
 
There is an android app called Mobile Odin available for download. However, I cannot say whether or not CF Auto-root will run successfully in it.
 
If not, you could maybe use mobile odin to put on the TWRP recovery. The first time you exit TWRP, it will look to see if you're rooted and, if not, prompt you to allow it to root you.

Of course, you'd need to do all the other stuff first.
-Reinstall stock recovery
-Backup your apps, settings, etc OFF the internal memory
-Do a factory data reset and maybe triangle away to get the Custom flags cleared on the download screen
-Mobile Odin MF9 stock rom
-Reinstall apps/settings
-Take the OTA or Mobile Odin MJA on
-Then do the TWRP install
 
My Sprint Galaxy S4 is currently on Android 4.2.2 and rooted. The phone has grabbed 4.3 and is waiting for me to start the update. I know that once I do, I'm going to lose root acces though. I want to keep the phone rooted. However, I no longer have access to a pc of any sort. Is there anyway to root the phone using the phone itself? My phone is the ONLY computer like device I currently have.
There is a way to root s4 no computer! Download root master v1.0.5.0 look it up on google
 
Back
Top Bottom