• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Still no 4.1.1...Verizon???

ouch1976

Android Enthusiast
Am I the only one that has yet to receive JellyBean on my SGS3? I've been regularly hitting my software update feature but I keep getting the same "Service Unavailable" message. And I'm in a strong 4G area near NYC, so I assumed I would be getting it by now.

The sad truth is that I'm actually not interested in upgrading, but I want to at least have the option.

Am I alone here, or are other metro NYers not getting any love?

Sure you don't wanna hear bit I bet a factory reset fixes that. And a reset after an OS update is always a good thing imo

Shut down your phone and pull the sim card and reinsert it. then reboot. See if that helps. if it doesnt go to the V store and see if they can help. you should have it by now.

I have never received a notification either, but I really don't want to upgrade anyway so I decided not to pursue it.

Have you tried putting kies on your computer and connecting your phone? I haven't tried it yet, but a friend of mine who had a Samsung phone said that was an alternative to an ota

Could be but this same exact thing happened to daughters phone, preventing it from updating. It didn't have a SIM card at all
How do you detect if you have a bad Sim card? I just got a replacement phone a few weeks ago and figured thats why I haven't received the update. I swapped the SIM card from the first phone into this one. Did the whole goole services framework trick and nothing.

How do you detect if you have a bad Sim card? I just got a replacement phone a few weeks ago and figured thats why I haven't received the update. I swapped the SIM card from the first phone into this one. Did the whole goole services framework trick and nothing.

Personally I don't think it is the sim card. But only way to be sure is to take it to vzw and let them activate a new sim. It's free so no harm done for you.

If that doesn't work then I think you need factory reset

Was gona suggest the old framework thing lol dammit :)
Just use Odin mate

Your problem is not the sim, I had a Bionic with the same problem. If you do a search on the internet you will find that if you decide that you want the update the only choice you have is to do a factory reset. It is not convenient but it did fix the issue for me and many others who had the same problem.

Phone is currently downloading something called "Verizon Software update." Not sure what this is yet, I see no information posted anyplace. I've already refused the jelly bean update because i use foxfi.

Any thoughts? I'll post if there's any info after the download is done.

A few vzw users said the jb update was forced upon them. If so, its probably also because you use foxfi

Interesting, I was able to "stop" the normal update; the update you would get from going to: check software update. This was a separate Verizon software update. I've been deferring it. Another phone on my account is in the same boat. That phone missed the chance to defer and has since updated.

The Forced update is 4.1.1 jelly bean.

Kinda sad about this.

Back
Top Bottom