• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Stock Camera Keeps crashing

crshbrn

Lurker
Jul 18, 2010
I am rooted but don't have a custom rom installed. I have GOLauncher EX and I use Titanium backup pro.

So, I have multiple camera alternatives to the stock camera but I do use the stock one on occasion. Anywho, I used the stock camera just 3 or 4 days ago to take a video. I go to use it today and it crashes and I get a "an unexpected error has occurred" warning orange triangle in the notification bar. I try uninstalling the other camera apps because I've read that sometimes they act bad but I get nothing.

So, I go to titanium backup and somehow the camera and the firmware are not installed. I go to re-install the camera and firmware which are backed up and Titanium just continually says "restoring app" and nothing happens.

I even re-flashed back to stock and the camera still isn't there. What gives? Anybody have any ideas

UPDATE: I tried installing the stock camera apk that i downloaded and put on my memory card but it keeps saying "app was not installed" This is getting really frustrating.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones