• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Stock][Odin] Ring Backup SPH-M840

joemossjr

Android Enthusiast
I finally did it 3 weeks of work !
I used odin 3.07 to flash
Link:The Phone Fixer
Make sure you dont check nything that dont need to be checked or..... well your phone will be worse then it is now.
Instructions:
1. Put your device in download mode.
2. You should see a yellow rectangle with COM:xx and saying ready. It means that your device is ready to be flashed!
3. Go into the PDA section and select the .tar file.
4. When you're done with this, ensure that the file you have is for your device.
5. Ensure that re-partition at the left is UNCHECKED!!
6. Press the flash button
7. When it's finished, it should say that it's done with a green box and your device should reboot by itself
8. Hit my thanks button :thumbsup:

F irst!
Cool bro, now we can brick to our hearts content :D
Glad to see you got it to successfully flash

Edit: also, steal the instructions (on how to flash with Odin) from my kernel thread and use it in your OP

So it works fully? (3g/wifi/bt) and all?
If so, I got some .imgs that need t be tar'd
What's inside is a suprise, but I will give you a hint...it rhymes with cm :p

Okay, but I will post the links in the morning as I have no computer atm (still grounded but on my moms phone lol)
It'll be google drive
System is about 130 mb and boot is the normal size
Just wipe data before flash (from settings or stock recovery and this is important or rom will bootloop and youd be scratching your head reading the logcat) then odin flash it
If it boots, wifi/bt shouldn't work but most of the core things such as hw accel and vid playback should
Its 4.3 so that's a plus

And I failed to realize I have it uploaded, I'm an idiot and didn't keep the system.img from the build
Gotta remake it with a mac computer tomorrow

It spat out a zip
Just make a blank img with dd
Then format it to ext4
mount, copy zip files into it, and call it a day
And that's stock recovery you linked to?

Lol cool, I guess development can still ve done without the recovery :p
When I get my stuffs back, or anything that can do vnc, I will see if I can fix the blue screen issue

Error (509)

This account's public links are generating too much traffic and have been temporarily disabled!

Hey guys I am new to this phone and would like to know if there is an eta on the blue screen fix, because, as I gather it, that is the only thing holding our phone back, correct?

I would say a couple of weeks...
I'm the only one who sorta half way knows their doing (unless someone is working in the background)
As soon as I can find a working graphics.c file (I think I have one actually) and get a usable build machine, the recovery should fully work. I have no build machine of my own so I have been using a friend's. As of right now I can't contact him so...yeah

correct well me and nitesh and rbheromax are the only ones really devoloping for this phone and rbheromax has all the files and hes grounded lol sooooo im just kinda making due right now

Well I can't, still sneaking on my moms phone yet again...going to bed in a few
When my school issues these stupid chromebooks I will ssh into my home machine (sneakily plug it into the wall and make sure its cinnected to wifi :p ) and be back to work :D
But I will push a test commit ti github and download the needed files I made to build cm10.2 and compile it, then test the recovery it spits out

Well, I personally can't wait to get something other than the shitty ass touchwiz interface on my phone. and I definitely want to get higher than 4.1.2...I plan on learning as much about coding as I can with this phone. My last one had damn near half the specs of this and is about to be running on 4.3 So I see no reason why we shouldn't be able to. Is the kernel in the other thread safe to install or does it hinder the functionality of the phone?

Back
Top Bottom