• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

[Stock][Odin] Ring Backup SPH-M840

Download keeps failing after it gets to a certain point, and none of the other mirrors are working. I need this to reactivate my friends Samsung, cause they screwed it up, removed TW launcher, and the My Account app, and did a factory reset on it. It has stock recovery, all they did was root it.

Help me Plase my recovery no work the display in blue help PLase :c
2wlxcv7.jpg

I used to have my ring rooted with frama root but it became very unstable with all the apps constantly crashing, long long boot times, and the phone rebooting whenever it wanted. I did a full unroot with super user and a then a factory reset. Now I constantly get an android update message that never installs because it was rooted at one time. So I tried flashing it back to factory specs. I did everything you said and when my galaxy ring rebooted it was not factory reset. It still had all the stuff I had done to it like nothing happened. Upon reboot it did optimize like 112 apps and stated that it was upgrading. After it finished optimizing my apps the phone booted and nothing seemed changed I checked its firmware in about. The official firmware update appeared so I choose to install it thinking this time it may work. The phone never showed a progress bar and rebooted, it first showed a yellow triangle with an exclamation point in it, then phone just started to give a solid blue screen that would flash back a forth to a black screen. I waited a few minutes to see if the flashing blue screen would stop but, it did not. I took out the battery and booted back into download mode. When in download mode I noted that the custom binary download was yes and had 2 counts, the current binary was custom, and so was the system status. I restarted Odin, everything finished successfully again, and the phone came back on fine, this time and it optimized only 2 apps. Before I tried to flash the rom I noted that my current binary said Samsung on it but my system status was custom (because I used to be rooted). Now my download mode says everything is custom and has 4 counts custom binary. Anyway I’m glad to not have bricked my phone but do you have any idea what happened?

Men, when I flash it with Odin, it stops when *recovery* appears on Odin. Then, it say FAIL. Please! My samsung galacy ring is bricked and you are my only hope. (sorry for my bad english)

Men, when I flash it with Odin, it stops when *recovery* appears on Odin. Then, it say FAIL. Please! My samsung galacy ring is bricked and you are my only hope. (sorry for my bad english)

Have you tried just flashing the recovery then the odexed or deodexed rom.

So i followed the instructions and i got pretty much nothing everything is the same im trying to get back to complete stock rom and recovery

Back
Top Bottom