• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Stock recovery

Whats the difference between the sprint ROM and the boost ROM?

Not sure exactly, but the main difference would be the network configuration code. From what I understand, you can use a Sprint phone on Boost (assuming they let you activate it), but multimedia messages won't work.

Not sure exactly, but the main difference would be the network configuration code. From what I understand, you can use a Sprint phone on Boost (assuming they let you activate it), but multimedia messages won't work.

network configuration mode? y not just change the prl?

I recently bought the LG Marque from Boost Mobile and am wondering if I can help with a stock recovery? I am wanting to root it but before I do I want to make a recovery for myself in case i need it later. I am not sure on how to do any of this but am willing to try.. If not Any help regarding the recovery backup and rooting of it would be very helpful. Thank you in advance.

im thinking that the sprint marquee and the boost marquee aren't that much different. The optimus black cwm don't work, so it looks like a custom recovery needs to be made for boost or sprint version before we can make backups. Im can't believe this phone has nothing going on and you would think the development should be jumping off really quick especially since the boost version is out. A dev could see the work is worth it since two companies pretty much have the same phone! Hopefully the development get to a start even if its a stock rom with tweaks ill be happy!

There's a thread over at xda working on this. A dev has built us a working CWM Recovery for the LG Ignite AS855. Now working on the Marquee LS855. If the dev can get a factory recovery img he should be able to get one running on the Marquee.

Back
Top Bottom