• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Strange unknown alarm sounds

Jorgon

Lurker
Something potentially weird is happening. I had my alarm set (among other things) to go off On Sat and Sun morning at 0930. Originally, it had a song in my Music folder as an external alarm sound, The actual song file was deleted and the alarm sound shows now as Default (Busy Bees).

However, what I hear is a musical piece on both days, different on Saturday from Sunday, but persistent on those days throughout the week. I am trying to locate the song in my library, and on the internet, but n o luck so far.

Where could it be coming from, and how can I find out WHAT actual file/stream is being played?

Thanks,
J

Haha, certainly not panicking! :) Just want to figure out what is happening.

Yes, I have checked my alarm settings: I describe them in the original text. No, I am rather certain there is no specialalarm app. The alarm goes off as in the standard clock settings, but instead of the default sound (which it is set to on Sat/Sun) it plays a song. I already looked at ringtone and notifications directories: the music that is playing is NOT there. The songs are not randomly selected from streaming apps, since the same song plays each Saturday and each Sunday (two different songs,. though). I am going through all the sound ap settings, but so far see nothing.

Oh, the phone is an Asus ROG with Android 10. I am going to update it to 11 now.

Wait, scratch that: NOT updating yet.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom