• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Stress testing the Gorilla Glass 5

Oh... this was really painful to watch:

So don't drop your phone! :D

Hey!?? The phone features dual curved edges, glass, and you don't do the drop test on the those????? Or are we just supposed to conclude the obvious? I think if we were supposed to though, then we wouldn't need any drop testing at all...

Last edited:
Reactions: toptobottom
Upvote 0
Well that is very disappointing how much easier the display scratches. I have a tempered glass screen protector on order, but it looks like it won't be here today like it was supposed to be. I figure it will be here sometime next week since they didn't even ship until late yesterday (even though I ordered it sunday!), and even then the tracking number is not coming up on DHL. I even paid the extra for expedited shipping. Tempted to send the damn thing back for a refund and just get a different brand. Don't like going without a tempered glass protector at all on my phones, and since the N7 scratches much more easily I will be very careful with it until it is protected.

Reactions: The_Chief
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones