• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Stuck on 2.3.3

My S2 went back to Vodafone after about a month with a recurring rebooting problem. The phone would keep bleeting at me, launch VoiceTalk client and reboot...really annoying at 5am. Anyways, it went back to Voda and they acknowledge the faulty system board, replaced, factory reset the firmware and sent it back. All good...so I thought.
Recently checked the OTA system update to see if there was anything that it needed and sure enough "Firmware available download Y/N"...download away, all good, install, restart. And here's where it seems to start to go wrong. The update fails to install and you get the error saying to tries Samsung Kies or a Samsung repair centre. hmm. OK.
Tried Kies (which worked before Vodafone laid their mitts on it) and now I have the error "Your device does not support software upgrading via Kies".
From what I've read on the forum the latest UK Vodafone firmware seems to be 2.3.4? Have Vodafone locked me down? :confused:
Current firmware version is I9100BUKG2/I9100VODKE2/I9100BUKE1/I9100BUKG2(VOD)
Any info would be much appreciated. I can of course flash to something else but a bit apprehensive in doing this as A) I'm a noob when it comes to Android/Odin etc and B) not confident that I'd end up bricking my lovely phone.
Cheers,
Paul.
 
Back
Top Bottom