• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Stuck on Splash Screen after going into Recovery

ggrimaldi

Ok, I've been having this problem since last week. Almost everytime after I go into Recovery, it stuck on Splash Screen. Tried wiping dalvik and cache, still the same. The last time it happened, I had to reflash the ROM.

I have no idea what might cause this. Recovery? ROM? Kernel?

Any help, guys?

My recovery is amon ra 2.3, with Supersonic 3D XL Beta 2, and Freedom Kernel.

TIA

Ok, I've been having this problem since last week. Almost everytime after I go into Recovery, it stuck on Splash Screen. Tried wiping dalvik and cache, still the same. The last time it happened, I had to reflash the ROM.

I have no idea what might cause this. Recovery? ROM? Kernel?

Any help, guys?

My recovery is amon ra 2.3, with Supersonic 3D XL Beta 2, and Freedom Kernel.

TIA

so it just stays on the splashscreen? no bootanimation? how long are you waiting?

so it just stays on the splashscreen? no bootanimation? how long are you waiting?

Splash screen is the white "HTC Evo 4g" screen, right?
No bootanimation, when it's supposed to go to bootanimation, it vibrates, then go back to splash screen.

Splash screen is the white "HTC Evo 4g" screen, right?
No bootanimation, when it's supposed to go to bootanimation, it vibrates, then go back to splash screen.

this might be a rom issue then. this might be because it is still a beta rom. not sure. have you tried other roms?

this might be a rom issue then. this might be because it is still a beta rom. not sure. have you tried other roms?

No, not yet. I'm now looking around in this forum for another ROM.

Are you sure it is not a recovery issue? Because when I turn off the phone, turn it on again, or restarting the phone, it's working normal.
This only happen after I go into recovery.

No, not yet. I'm now looking around in this forum for another ROM.

Are you sure it is not a recovery issue? Because when I turn off the phone, turn it on again, or restarting the phone, it's working normal.
This only happen after I go into recovery.

yeah i doubt it is a recovery thing. it sounds like when you wipe the caches as the phone is trying to bootup it is having some kind of issue building up dalvik cache and that is more of a rom thing then recovery. plus you have amon ra2.3. it is the most reliable recovery out there.

try mikg3.0 if you have not already. it is way stable and super fast. plus it has sense 2.1 and sense 3.0 built in.

yeah i doubt it is a recovery thing. it sounds like when you wipe the caches as the phone is trying to bootup it is having some kind of issue building up dalvik cache and that is more of a rom thing then recovery. plus you have amon ra2.3. it is the most reliable recovery out there.

try mikg3.0 if you have not already. it is way stable and super fast. plus it has sense 2.1 and sense 3.0 built in.

Well, for now looking at that splash screen really scares me.. :D
Ok, I'm goona try MikG3.0, I think I have the files in my PC.

Anyway, do you have any suggestion for another Sense 3.5 ROM?

no i doubt that it would be your partitions as it is only affecting your splashscreen. if it was something on your partitions then your apps would be force closing as well. try the latest supersonic rom and see if that helps or try mikg3.0.

Okey dokey.

Thank alot, Ocn..!!

Yep, I think it's a ROM issue. I'm trying several ROMs, and it's working fine.
Just one question, with cma2sd, will it automatically move cache to sd card? Or I have to enter some commands?

apps yes, dalvik cache no. you can use te (terminal emulator) to move it if you like.

in te type su to allow permission then type a2sd cachesd and enter. it should the do its thing and it will then reboot.

apps yes, dalvik cache no. you can use te (terminal emulator) to move it if you like.

in te type su to allow permission then type a2sd cachesd and enter. it should the do its thing and it will then reboot.

I see. I tried that, but it didn't work. I'm gonna give it another shot..
Thanks.

Yep, I think it's a ROM issue. I'm trying several ROMs, and it's working fine.
Just one question, with cma2sd, will it automatically move cache to sd card? Or I have to enter some commands?

That command will only work with DarkTremors (DT) a2sd, not the CyanogenMod (CM) version. There are no shell commands for cm a2sd, but it does move the apps automatically. I'm not sure how to adjust the location of dalvik cache, with that method.

Back
Top Bottom