• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Suport -((Need Help!!)

Luis1968

Lurker
Nov 14, 2012
I managed to mess up my htc Rezound. When I try to power up it goes to the htc screen (white with the green HTC) andjust sits there else happens. So I pull battery and hold down power button - Same thing heappens . I was tryign to load cm-10.1-20130224-UNOFFICIAL-vigor. Which i am sure i totally messed up..

The info. at top of screen is as follows

****unlocked****
vigor pvt ship s-on rl
hboot-2.25.0000
emmc-boot
Apr 12 2012, 16:47:46

I can get to the bootloader. Unfortuanly when it gets into the bootloader i now get.

Main Version is older!
Update failed!
Press <Power> to reboot.

other widse it just sits there and does nothing.. looks liek i have a new paper weight..

No don't worry. Bear with me as I don't have this device but i do have some htc experience. If you can reach the bootloader you definitely aren't Perma bricked. I just don't have as many resources for this device so unless someone else chimes in, I might take longer to get you there ;)

So you get that error just booting into the bootloader? Or trying to run an ruu or something?

Reactions: scotty85
Upvote 0
Sounds like you have not flashed your boot image. With s on,a permanent recovery cannot install the boot image for you.

See this thread for info: http://androidforums.com/showthread.php?t=587430

I would try booting amon recovery is it describes.do a full wipe and flash the Rom again. Optionally,you can restore a backup after booting recovery if you want to save the Rom.flash for another day ;)

The important thing is to read the linked thread and boot recovery in that manner. Otherwise,you'll need to manually flash boot images while s on.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones