• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Support] [Guide] We Need You! Push for Kernel Source!

It is amazing how much conflicting information they are giving us. I just hope they come through.

Here is the last 3 messages of the conversation between the escalations team and me.

(Tech))Hi! My name is Jauna and I'm with the HTC Tier 3 Escalations - Special Projects team. I am contacting you regarding your escalation # S2013010087201 where you were requesting the Kernel Source code for your HTC One SV on Boost Mobile. I have sent the request for publication to our website team and hope to have it listed soon. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Hello, thank you for your response. Just to clear things up (sometimes my thinking gets me too far), kernel source is going to be released for my device? Thanks again.

Thank you for your reply. The request for your One SV source code has been submitted to our website team for publication. We hope to have it listed soon.

It appears, like I said, they're gonna publish it. However, they seem to be in no rush at all. So now we just wait and see. :)

Also, look that this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=44707484

Its the same person who helped release source code for desire x.

Attachments

• 1379874849933.jpg
    1379874849933.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 101
Reactions: irishobo
Upvote 0
I really hope they will release it soon. this phone would rock with some cyanogen

I have a feeling they will try to prolong it. The phone just got an Ota. So they feel like they have another 90 days. Lol... But they did confirm the SV is getting 4.2 so obviously kit Kat will be a possibility. Actually once we get it merged into the kernel it will be smooth sailing until 1gb ram won't cut it anymore

Upvote 0
I have a feeling they will try to prolong it. The phone just got an Ota. So they feel like they have another 90 days. Lol... But they did confirm the SV is getting 4.2 so obviously kit Kat will be a possibility. Actually once we get it merged into the kernel it will be smooth sailing until 1gb ram won't cut it anymore

Where did you hear we'rere getting 4.2? I know llabtoofer mentioned it but that's not much of a confirmation lol.

Upvote 0
Salutations everyone,

I also got the following request from HTC about this..

Dear [ Name Here ],

Thank you for contacting HTC regarding Kernel Source code, Mark. I know that this code is important to the development community and I will be happy to assist you with the correct information regarding this.

Please let me know the following information in full so I can escalate this matter for you.

Type of Computer (PC or MAC)
OS Version on Computer
Browser Type and Version
Hboot version on device (Found on the HBoot screen)
Model Name
Device OS
ROM Version
Radio Version
Serial Number/MEID/ IMEI/ESN
Software Number
Full Name
Hboot version on device (Found on the HBoot screen)
Contact Number
Mobile Number
Preferred Contact Time
Time Zone
Carrier

Once I have this information, I will be able to escalate this matter. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Thanks for your continuous support of our products and services. Should you require further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us through [Web address] or call us at +1-866-449-8358 from 8AM to 1AM ET, 7 days a week.

If this answers your comment or question, please click here to complete the process.

To submit another comment, please click here.

Sincerely,

The HTCDev Team

Here's hoping they release it soon.. I'm new to the dev scene and it would be very interesting to begin with this lovely phone.

Namaste...

ADDENDUM:: I've finally received a phone call from HTC and we talked for a while about matters.. She was most agreeable and polite and has pushed it on to the corporate level for release.. We will see how this goes. Both of the last letters included no foot dragging that apparently has been seen from HTC as a norm, but she is.. tier 3 support and not corporate.. She has left em notice that she will eml when the kernel has been released and to also keep an eye on the Dev site. I leave my case file open for now till they manage to give it to us at last. Perhaps.. it is just close to time, but I do have a way with people..

Namaste everybody...

Z.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones