• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Switched to AT&T No 4G LTE and Other Issues

Bruce_205

I just switched from Verizon to AT&T and ported my phone & number. Now I'm not getting 4G or LTE, I have a little icon that looks like "H" next to the bars. And my signal is 3G. Is this phone not compatible? The clerk in the store didn't know and I called support, they checked my APN settings and they were ok.

Also.... when I start the phone I get a notification that the SIM card is not a Verizon card. Can I get rid of that?

I just switched from Verizon to AT&T and ported my phone & number. Now I'm not getting 4G or LTE, I have a little icon that looks like "H" next to the bars. And my signal is 3G. Is this phone not compatible? The clerk in the store didn't know and I called support, they checked my APN settings and they were ok.

Also.... when I start the phone I get a notification that the SIM card is not a Verizon card. Can I get rid of that?
Verizon and AT&T use different frequency bands for LTE, and because your phone is a "Verizon" G4, it's possisble that your phone doesn't have a radio capable of TX/RX on the AT&T bands, which would be why you're not getting a 4G signal. The 'H' indicates a 3G AT&T signal.

I've spent 3+ hours so far on phone and chat support, nobody can get voice mail to work. Same reason? It seems to me like the icon, "1" button, and *86 are all programmed to call home to Verizon so how can I get it to call ATT's voicemail???

By digging into my AT&T phone, it says the number programmed for voicemail is 1-410-693-4248. I suspect that this varies depending on region.

I also find that if I dial my own phone number, that it connects to my voicemail. So try dialing yourself, and see if it prompts you for your password.

A quick google search says that you should be able to change the programmed voicemail number by doing this:
http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-158928/

Honestly, I'd be strongly considering getting a different phone, if you're planning to stick with AT&T, one that can access the LTE network.

Under the call settings and voicemail there is a number programmed in there by the AT&T rep. Calling it directly does not work either. This is truly a baffling situation. Maybe the porting has not been fully completed yet, even though the text msg says its complete for calling. I don't know.

Usually, and I think this is criminal, but Verizon and Sprint phones with GSM radios won't work on domestic GSM carriers. They will work outside the country though. Keeps the carrier cartel from further having to compete with each other, especially when it comes to the price of handsets.

True, but I don't think the voicemail issue would be related to what frequencies each is using as the phone is "calling home" to its server which in this case is an AT&T number so it should connect me with my account. I have not received a reply from them yet.

Back
Top Bottom