• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Switching to At& t

Peaches037

Hi I am strongly thinking about getting the galaxy note but I am not to thrilled with at&t. How is there coverage and service? Thanks in advance. Also any word about an ics update??

Wow 96 people looked at my question and no one can even answer... Thank you I'm sure someone from the next 96 will answer

Before using AT&T, I had T-Mobile and honestly I'm not the biggest fan. Coverage is pretty spotty, and data speeds are pretty slow in my area. HSPA+ speeds didn't seem all that great, so I ended up switching to Straight Talk to save more money. (Uses AT&T's network)

AT&T was extremely overpriced and wasn't worth the money. I've been quite happy since I switched though.

Which Note were you planning on getting? The AT&T branded version or International version? This post is in the International Galaxy Note forum, there's a different forum for the AT&T version and more people could give you feedback over there.

Coverage is something that is different for each person. I'm in Florida, so my service is fine, but may not help you. Ask your coworkers, family, neighbors, etc. That is what matters to you.

I have had Sprint, T-Mobile, but mostly At&t for the last 10+ years. I have never had any issues with them, the service works for me. I have a Dell Streak with 200MB plan and only use about 75MB/month, being on wifi 95% of the time.

I've never had a problem with AT&T anywhere I have traveled. But just like any other service it depends on a lot of factors.

Thank you for your response.. I just got the at& t version yesterday.

ive been with at&t for over over 10 years. since back when it was called cingular wireless. The service is pretty reliable. I have never gotten a randomly dropped call and as for the 4G coverage that just depends if you are in a large city. Youll get better 3G and 4G coverage the closes you are to a large city.

Before using AT&T, I had T-Mobile and honestly I'm not the biggest fan. Coverage is pretty spotty, and data speeds are pretty slow in my area. HSPA+ speeds didn't seem all that great, so I ended up switching to Straight Talk to save more money. (Uses AT&T's network)

AT&T was extremely overpriced and wasn't worth the money. I've been quite happy since I switched though.

Which Note were you planning on getting? The AT&T branded version or International version? This post is in the International Galaxy Note forum, there's a different forum for the AT&T version and more people could give you feedback over there.

Straight talk is a good inexpensive alternative but even though the unofficial limit on data is 2GB a month, you'll get cut off if you go over 70mb of data a day a few times even if you stay under 2GB a month.

Here in Central Florida AT&T puts Sprint to shame in so many ways. I can make calls in places Sprint used to work but no longer does while T-Mobile has always been the worst coverage here. I been with AT&T for home phone and internet since the days of dial-up (almost 20 years) but only recently gave up Sprint to give the Wireless a try. Now i'm working on getting the rest of my family over to AT&T and get everyone away from the sinking ship known as Sprint. I also save $15 a month because AT&T does not charge the regulatory recovery fees it has to pay on top of the taxes that Sprint does which increases the overall taxes.

I'll take faster speed with limits and a much better price over second rate network, slow speeds and crappy support any day of the week.

Back
Top Bottom