• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root SykkNyzz' Debloat Script for LG Volt (Stock Only)

SykkNyzz

Android Enthusiast
I created a simple, yet not so simple debloat script for Rooted Stock Users
But this is what needs to be done in order for it to work
BTW I made this process worked on mine rather well.

Here's the link
https://www.dropbox.com/s/f57f7ojujym02kr/SykkNyzz-Debloat-Script.zip?dl=0

1. Download to Internal/Ext SD
2. Install via Recovery (TWRP)
3. Reboot phone and wait
4. Install titanium back up (find a "modded" version on google preferably) and click on the check-mark in upper-right corner
5. Scroll to Un-Install
6. RUN Un-Install Non-backed up user apps
7. ???
8. Profit

This should clear up the mess left by the LG makers
and Gapps as well.
Google Books, Maps, Magazines, Plus, Youtube, Movies, Drive
LG Shutdown Monitor
ELTEST
GnssAirTest
GnssPossTest
GnssTest
Google
Google Hangouts
LgAppCleanup
Lg Keyboard and Themes (I left AOSP KB )
Lg (Easy Home)
Lg Memo
Qremote
Google Magazines
Picassa Uploaded
Google Play Music
Google Play Games
Google+
Lumen Toolbar
Swype
Talk back
UnifiedEula
Google Play Movies
Sprint Zone
Lg Home Selector
It's On
Lg Application Manager
Lg Backup
Lg Browser
Lg Email
Lg Widgets
Lg File Manager
Lg Multi-Photo Wallpaper
Lg QMemo
Lg Voice apps & the like
Lg Tasks
Lg Update Center
Lg Voice Command
Lg Voice Recorder
Mobile ID & Sprint-Zone

Don't worry...
I didn't wipe out anything detrimental ;)
Happy Debloating
P.S. if there is a better way to do this. I would like to know because this is my first time creating a Flashable Script

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0ny6erijqpjkq60/QRemote.zip?dl=0
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
here is the link to the 2 files needed to bring back the QRemote.
just download, extract it, and install like a normal app

Last edited:
I can tell you now people are going to want Qremote left in since no other app works. Maybe at least post edit instructions to leave that.

I can tell you now people are going to want Qremote left in since no other app works. Maybe at least post edit instructions to leave that.
I will within the hour. I guess I will make 2 versions for q remote intact.
BTW realized that the keyboard won't appear until you set up language and input for the keyboard.

i am willing to take the constructive critisim for it being the first time doing this. any other advice then i will have to make separate script. btw the file is unsigned so you need to uncheck signature verification for now

I installed it with CWM and now my phone flashes between my wallpaper and a black screen. Any ideas?

the only real solution i can give you is to restore a backup, and stop using CWM. I might message the mods and have them remove the download link, it seems to cause more problems than anything. Use TWRP in the future. I dont say this because I built it, I say it because it has solved a crap ton of problems.

the only real solution i can give you is to restore a backup, and stop using CWM. I might message the mods and have them remove the download link, it seems to cause more problems than anything. Use TWRP in the future. I dont say this because I built it, I say it because it has solved a crap ton of problems.
Yeah that's what I ended up doing. Is there a specific way to uninstill CWM?

Yeah that's what I ended up doing. Is there a specific way to uninstill CWM?

Use bg4m3rs stickied root guide and install twrp from those instructions. (Obviously don't use the lg download tool or anything like that unless you have to, just look for the part that talks about twrp and follow it.)

By doing that, it will overwrite cwm in the recovery partition.

Just d/l,unzipped, and tried flashing qremote. Not working, says badzip.re-downloaded 3 times.each time,no dice. Not a deal breaker forms,just a heads up. Thanks for the de-bloat

"here is the link to the 2 files needed to bring back the QRemote.
just download, extract it, and install like a normal app...."
i just copied this from the bottom of the post.
Pretty sure you said to DL,extract,and install qremote all as regular app....

"here is the link to the 2 files needed to bring back the QRemote.
just download, extract it, and install like a normal app...."
i just copied this from the bottom of the post.
Pretty sure you said to DL,extract,and install qremote all as regular app....
Yes, as a regular app. You don't flash apps to install them. Just tap the apk in the stock file manager, or any file manager really. :/

Shhh.....don't say the FLASH word....
just say install...
You install Roms by flashing, you flash ROMs by installing, but you don't install APPS by flashing, but you do flash APPS by installing....

Vocab is apparently very important.. If you say the incorrect term at just the right time, it will cause a collapse of time itself.

Never said to flash that.
I used the wrong term...my bad..i know how to install an APK....point is,file was jacked up,and I was confirming what someone else had said...that q- remote don't install.... Obviously not by flashing,but by the method commonly used.. Not side loading, good old fashioned aPP installing.

ES explorer says its a bad zip. Am I supposed to flash it or something.
I used the wrong term...my bad..i know how to install an APK....point is,file was jacked up,and I was confirming what someone else had said...that q- remote don't install.... Obviously not by flashing,but by the method commonly used.. Not side loading, good old fashioned aPP installing.
Have either of you just tried using the stock file manager? ES, or any other 'advanced' file manager may well just be trying to open it like a zip file.

Back
Top Bottom