• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root syncing texts/pics/videos between phone, tablet and PC

ScarHead06

Okie Dokie, its been a while. Anyways, I finally scooped up a B&N Nook HD 7 inch, and its awesome....most of the time. I also have a warp sequent, obviously. I know there are ways to sync this stuff cuz I've been searching and testing for 2 days. Just seems like none of the apps really work THAT WELL. Google voice closes as soon as I open it on the tablet. Mighty text is ok, but doesn't display peoples names or pics. Desksms/tabletsms is a trail version...no thanks. MySms is also a trial version. Other than them, I haven't found too many other options. Does anybody know of a good app that can do those things?? Or, help me figure out one of the previous mentioned ones. Thanks alot

Not sure about syncing, but Es File Explorer is a great app for sharing files between devices. I use an smb server (I believe it is called samba in windows) on my pc to transfer files to/from phone/tablet. All wireless but you have to copy/paste using ES File Explorer on the device you want the files on or from. It also interfaces with many popular cloud storage services which is another option for getting files to/from your devices.

Google Voice should not close when you start it. You may want to look into that a bit further on a Nook HD Thread. I bet someone sorted it out.

I would like it to sync just cuz when I get a text, it'll appear on my tablet also, so I don't have to "put this down, pick that up". I installed go launcher, go theme, and a go locker theme (in which the stock locker shows up first sometimes) AND, it doesn't stay constantly connected to wifi. If I put it to sleep for a long period of time, it has to reconnect. The other day the router messed up, had to redo that process and now the tablet won't auto-connect at all. Just a headache. So, I'm not quite sure if its a good idea to root it yet.

SuperS has it right, with ES File Explorer, I just did all that manually too.

I've got this "Drop Box", on the PC, and it's supposed to do a sync, but haven't tried that part yet. I've used it for cloud storage.

Good question. I suppose I would have been all over the same question, but for the fact, my Nexus 7, hasn't got an actual SD Card that can be pulled, (32 GB built in card) while the Warp2 only has a 16 GB. (in my case).

"Automatic Syncing" in that case, would be asking for data loss (in my opinion), since thing's going wrong, is just about a guarantee, (in my little world).

I came to the conclusion that I'm gonna use mighty text for text syncing, obviously, even though I wanna use mysms but it's newest update doesn't work too well. And use dropbox for pics. Thanks for responses

Back
Top Bottom