• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

System Partition Full

miediev

Android Enthusiast
I'm currently running the JB Touchwiz leaked rom. The other day I reached in my pocket and my phone was hot, when I pulled it out the screen wouldn't turn on. I pulled the battery and let it cool down before I booted it back up. When I did I tried to clean up the phone a little in the hope it would fix whatever caused the phone to lock up.

That's when I noticed that the system partition was completely full, almost to the byte. I thought that may be the problem so I cleaned out some unused system bloatware and converted a few system apps to user apps. Figuring I'd freed a few dozen Mb I rebooted the phone and checked again... Completely full. I can't even put the apps I just converted from system to user back to system. Now it's causing problems where some apps are crashing or causing the phone to lock up.

I tried to restore a nandroid I made last week but apparently this problem had been growing since then. It had maybe 20Mb free, but that space quickly disappeared too. Has anybody seen this happen before? I'm going to try a complete wipe and fresh install of everything, but before I take on that time sucking task I wanted to see if there were any other solutions.

Thanks for any help or suggestions.

What jb touchwiz are you runing my phone is runing the GB27 an my rom size 528 mb with 8.59 mb free!
Don't know if thats the norm or not on this phone!

What jb touchwiz are you runing my phone is runing the GB27 an my rom size 528 mb with 8.59 mb free!
Don't know if thats the norm or not on this phone!

Wow. Build GB27 is for the Sprint version of the S2 not the Virgin Mobile version.

Do you even have working MMS with this? FL14 is the correct Jellybean build for the Virgin Mobile Galaxy S2. That is what you should be running for Jellybean..

I know about fl14 I've bin using the largest leak for the epic 4g touch it's a sprint base Rom an yes I'm on virgin mobile . Fl 14 Rom is good but the sprint rims are good to. An as for system partition I think that't just the way the phone is set up!
P.s if you want more space in the system partition try midnight Rom!!

I know about fl14 I've bin using the largest leak for the epic 4g touch it's a sprint base Rom an yes I'm on virgin mobile . Fl 14 Rom is good but the sprint rims are good to. An as for system partition I think that't just the way the phone is set up!
P.s if you want more space in the system partition try midnight Rom!!

Okay, I see. Yeah not exactly sure how to fix MMS but I do know that the leaked FL14 has everything working including MMS.. aside from a LED notification bug. You will want to turn the LED notifications off in settings.

Thanks for the tip on the Midnight Rom :)

Okay, I see. Yeah not exactly sure how to fix MMS but I do know that the leaked FL14 has everything working including MMS.. aside from a LED notification bug. You will want to turn the LED notifications off in settings.

Thanks for the tip on the Midnight Rom :)

I'm running a sprint rom with mms working. I got it to work by entering the apn settings into gosms.

Okay. Since you recommend Midnight Rom for more system partition space then I assume you've solved your issue?

As for MMS I was pointing out you were using a non-Virgin Mobile rom which could be your problem with the system partition and as a side effect have no MMS (aside from editing APN)

If you are having issues with the system partition size, I suggest using a rom for Virgin Mobile :)

I have no ideas or suggestions for your issue otherwise. I'm sorry :)

I am using the VM JB leaked rom and still haven't found a solution. I'm getting tired of touchwiz so I'm going to try AOKP and see how that works out.

I am using the VM JB leaked rom and still haven't found a solution. I'm getting tired of touchwiz so I'm going to try AOKP and see how that works out.

That's strange. I'm at a loss for this issue. I'm sure someone out there has insight on it.

Back
Top Bottom