• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

System software Update, Go or no?

Oh, man. Update. I've not rooted my EVO V and I was stuck with MMS hell. I'm now a wholly satisfied user. Not only did it fix my MMS errors, but it actually greatly improved my radio overall. I live in the "sticks" and I've NEVER had so much as one bar signal. I've always relied on wifi and GrooveIP for calls. Seriously. I've been with Virgin for about three years and this is the first time EVER that I've had one bar reception. I don't always get one bar, but damn... I can get one bar a lot of the time. That to me was worth it. Well, that and I can actually txt someone without all of the errors.

Upvote 0
I posted a screenshot of the update here.

Trust me ;) Its the radio update. I actually have it on my drop box...But go ahead and take the OTA.
Are you absolutely sure? I received an update notification around the time they released the fix, but I ignored it because I'd already fixed it following the guide from the forum. I haven't received any other notification until this week. I thought I remembered that notification mentioning the fix, while this one doesn't. I could be wrong.

I decided to update last night. It went smoothly. A couple restarts and my phone was back up running showing latest software version 1.14.652.0 710RD and radio baseband 1.09.00.0706. :D
Are you rooted / s-off?

And as asked earlier in the thread, is there any other benefit to the update other than the signal fix?

Upvote 0
I posted a screenshot of the update here.

Are you absolutely sure? I received an update notification around the time they released the fix, but I ignored it because I'd already fixed it following the guide from the forum. I haven't received any other notification until this week. I thought I remembered that notification mentioning the fix, while this one doesn't. I could be wrong.

Are you rooted / s-off?

And as asked earlier in the thread, is there any other benefit to the update other than the signal fix?

No, I haven't root my phone yet. I'm gonna play around with it in unroot state for a while. I will eventually root it though.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones