• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

T-Mobile Kit Kat is here!

+1

Literally just unplugged from PC,everything looks good @ 1st glance,didn't lose a thing.

Knock-On seems to be a LOT more responsive. :D

I'm a bit surprised that it was released to the US carriers before the intentional version, not that I really mind though as long as the rest of us get it soon.

Judging from my last three phones I will have to buy the LG G3 to get this update on Verizon but I'm hoping they will surprise me.

Anyone else noticing exceptional battery life after update? With moderate use prior to update I was getting about 12 hours. After update, same amount of usage, its going over 24 hours and still more to go.
1393645036083.jpg

I was getting the same as you, 50% after 12 hrs (on 1st full charge after updating), until I ramped up screen brightness to 100%, in which an increased rate of drain is to be expected.

Been running for 5 hours now, buttery smooth! I love the KitKat white status bar.

Only complaint I have is the GPS toggle is now for all location services on or off which means I can't quickly switch it on when using Waze.

On my GPE MOTO G running KIT KAT, under development options is the option to choose between ART vs DALVIK Run Time.

Is this option for NEXUS/GPE devices, or, is this something omitted by LG &/or the service providers?

So, is the Run Time DALVIK or ANDROID?

When switching between the two on my MOTO G, I'm hard-pressed to tell the difference.

Either way, the phone was smooth as silk when on 4.2.2 & continues to be on 4.4.2.

Why would I look for answers regarding stock/unrooted devices in an ATR thread?

Regardless, THX for the info......

That was a sarcastic smilie at the end of my post. I can't even keep track of where I pick up this stuff. Tapatalk rules.

Ringtone set to "Silent Night". I reset it to something else. Phone reboots - back to "Silent Night".

Back
Top Bottom