• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

T-Mobile Kit Kat is here!

Still not a damb thing, this is really getting annoying....

Same here. Nothing. And now my wife's S4 already has the Kit Kat OTA update, literally minutes after it went live, and I've been waiting for over a week for my G2. The S4 page on T-Mobile also mentions how to manually update the S4 through your desktop computer, where the T-Mobile G2 page says there is no update available through a desktop computer (even though people have done it that way in this thread and at other forums). Weird.

Still not a damb thing, this is really getting annoying....

Annoying how? Your device is totally unusable?

Seriously, there is no reason to complain. You bought the device knowing the OS on it would not update until end of Q1. There still seems to be time left for that to transpire.

If anyone is to blame, it is you for buying a device that did not have the most current OS available as that seems to be what you wanted.

What do you mean STILL nothing, get the lg mobile support tool, plug in your phone start the upgrade. It's the easiest thing ever, takes a total of maybe 30 mins.....

I'm wearing out the "check now" area on the touchscreen....

Some have reported success using the GOOGLE SERVICES FRAMEWORK trick,listed in the link below:

Force Your OTA Update Using Google Services Framework | sf tech geek

NVM that Jellly Bean is mentioned,this is applicable to all firmware updates.
Whether this works or not is a up for debate.GOOGLE calls B.S. on it,but,others have reported success w/expiditing updates.
Whether this is purely coincidence,B.S.,or actually works is anyone's guess.FWIW,I've semingly had success in the past,& in no way will this harm your device or,any loss of data.

I'd say give it a shot & see what happens

I loved this phone before KitKat, but it is SO much better with the update! KnockOn works 100% of the time now, some of LG's ugly light blue accents are gone, Nova Launcher works full screen now. I lost root but I don't even care, everything except recent apps and disabled notification sliders is how I want it. Everything is so much faster. REALLY glad LG finally pushed this out. With a good launcher installed and some of LG's worse apps (ahem, calculator. WTF is that LG?!) replaced with stock Google apps, it's nearly the perfect phone. Can't wait to root it though and replace the menu button with recent apps.

Finally got my OTA Kit Kat update at 3am this morning (tried the LG PC Suite and the mobile tool thing -- neither worked). Only took about five minutes total for the download and install and another few minutes to update some apps. Haven't noticed any major performance differences, but LG has tweaked a few things with their skin. Excited to see if the battery lasts even longer.

LG's ugly light blue accents are gone

I loved the blue accents. There was actually some contrast in the notification shade making it easier on the eyes and easier to read. White on black is probably the worst combo for eye strain. But, I seem to be in the minority being everybody is praising the all white notification shade icons.

LG's worse apps (ahem, calculator. WTF is that LG?!)

What's wrong with the calculator? It's the best I've ever used on a phone. I was surprised how much customization it has and the QSlide works great.

Has anyone else experienced mobile data problems since upgrading to kitkat? From the moment I put kitkat on my G2 my mobile data is sooooo slow and many times I lose data connection and pages wont load. Prior to kitkat my data was incredibly fast. I'm with T-Mobile

BluBrett: is your LG G2 on Verizon? Did they push KitKat yet? Nothing when I check on my phone (I'm on VZW). Thanks.

Has anyone else experienced mobile data problems since upgrading to kitkat? From the moment I put kitkat on my G2 my mobile data is sooooo slow and many times I lose data connection and pages wont load. Prior to kitkat my data was incredibly fast. I'm with T-Mobile

Yes. Can't load any Web sites while using my mobile data. I usuallly use Wi-Fi so I'm not sure how it was acting the last few days.

Finally got my OTA Kit Kat update at 3am this morning (tried the LG PC Suite and the mobile tool thing -- neither worked). Only took about five minutes total for the download and install and another few minutes to update some apps. Haven't noticed any major performance differences, but LG has tweaked a few things with their skin. Excited to see if the battery lasts even longer.

I loved the blue accents. There was actually some contrast in the notification shade making it easier on the eyes and easier to read. White on black is probably the worst combo for eye strain. But, I seem to be in the minority being everybody is praising the all white notification shade icons.

I like cleaner looks. The blue icons clashed with any wallpaper that wasn't at least partially blue, plus it was more of a baby blue than the holo blue.

What's wrong with the calculator? It's the best I've ever used on a phone. I was surprised how much customization it has and the QSlide works great.

Download a port of the kitkat calculator from the Play Store. You might hate the color scheme, but if you swipe left and right you will see all the functionality that was lost when LG replaced Google's app with their own.

Did anyone else's bottom speaker get louder with the update? My speaker was abysmal before, now it sounds like a typical smartphone speaker. Maybe my software needed the restore before and I just shrugged it off as bad hardware.

Funny, I bought two G2's for my wife and me last week. My wife's update came this morning, but mine hasn't. Love the full screen videos now.

Back
Top Bottom