• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

T-Mobile LTE Locations

a5yqeje2.jpg

Virginia Beach, VA 4 miles from my house

Holy upload speed, Batman! I haven't seen anything over 13 mb/s in the upload in NY yet.

Upvote 0
If only we could get that on an amaze...

We'll luckily for me I ordered an AT&T S3 :D and hope to get some Lte action. :)

:eek: I hope you are keeping the Amaze. :D Need the development to continue. I can't seem to sell mine so I'm just going to keep it as a backup.

Are you going to unlock it and use Tmobile? Can it get LTE on Tmobile?

Reactions: SuperAfnan
Upvote 0
If only we could get that on an amaze...

We'll luckily for me I ordered an AT&T S3 :D and hope to get some Lte action. :)

:eek: I hope you are keeping the Amaze. :D Need the development to continue. I can't seem to sell mine so I'm just going to keep it as a backup.

I wish you had told me you were getting an att s3, I am selling mine, I had planned on using it on the metro byod. tmobile merger you know, well find out that it would cost me $240 per year more to do so as they wont let me keep my grandfathered plan if I switch to gsm, but I can get the metro cdma s3 and keep it.:(
Mine is unlocked and does get lte but as you may know to get the native HSPA + speeds the ATT S3 has to be software modified, its easy to do but a pain because it does not stick on reboot.

Upvote 0

Yes of course. :D I released a new rom yesterday too. (For the amaze.) The amaze forums is becoming a deserted village, barely anyone's there. So I figured I might hit the Samsung trail just in case. :cool: Yeah it definitely can, and unlocking it is easy. Just go into dialer and you'll find the option if you search hard enough. But there's always xda for great useful tutorials like that. :) Samsung got careless lol.

I wish you had told me you were getting an att s3, I am selling mine, I had planned on using it on the metro byod. tmobile merger you know, well find out that it would cost me $240 per year more to do so as they wont let me keep my grandfathered plan if I switch to gsm, but I can get the metro cdma s3 and keep it.:(
Mine is unlocked and does get lte but as you may know to get the native HSPA + speeds the ATT S3 has to be software modified, its easy to do but a pain because it does not stick on reboot.

Aww that sucks. Best of luck on that. But why metro? The 30 plan on T-Mobile for 100 minutes and unlimited texts and 5gb unlimited data is almost impossible to beat.

Yeah I hope they get Jax refarmed by Christmas or most of it in thanksgiving. But the AWS mod is a safety net, but it's annoying since you have to do it every reboot. :(

I thought they made another AWS mod that sticks (not the nv backup method.), it was another one I think.

If you're selling it try and sell it for ~300 and say it's great cause its rooted, rom'd, etc. And it's unlocked so hopefully you can get more. I bought mine for 280 now it's 275 on swappa. I had a bad luck Brian moment lol.

Upvote 0
Yes of course. :D I released a new rom yesterday too. (For the amaze.) The amaze forums is becoming a deserted village, barely anyone's there. So I figured I might hit the Samsung trail just in case. :cool: Yeah it definitely can, and unlocking it is easy. Just go into dialer and you'll find the option if you search hard enough. But there's always xda for great useful tutorials like that. :) Samsung got careless lol.

Aww that sucks. Best of luck on that. But why metro? The 30 plan on T-Mobile for 100 minutes and unlimited texts and 5gb unlimited data is almost impossible to beat.

Yeah I hope they get Jax refarmed by Christmas or most of it in thanksgiving. But the AWS mod is a safety net, but it's annoying since you have to do it every reboot. :(

I thought they made another AWS mod that sticks (not the nv backup method.), it was another one I think.

If you're selling it try and sell it for ~300 and say it's great cause its rooted, rom'd, etc. And it's unlocked so hopefully you can get more. I bought mine for 280 now it's 275 on swappa. I had a bad luck Brian moment lol.
I have my nexus 4 on t mobile my wife has metro, I started the account with the LG Optimus M back in march 2011, when I joined AF lol go figure.

She stuck with them and now has $40 unlimited talk text and 4G LTE. Which if you want now costs $60:(

Upvote 0

Deserted village? 21 pages of replies on the Kaioken ROM isn't that deserted :laugh::laugh:

Upvote 0
I have my nexus 4 on t mobile my wife has metro, I started the account with the LG Optimus M back in march 2011, when I joined AF lol go figure.

She stuck with them and now has $40 unlimited talk text and 4G LTE. Which if you want now costs $60:(

Hey I just noticed you're a guide! Awesome, and congrats on that! (OK lol you guys will think I'm slow, but in reality I use the tapatalk app mostly so I live under a rock :p. So I have no way of knowing until I have actually went to my laptop.)

But if you go with Metro, they will merge the companies, does that mean you get exclusive benefits on Metro when they do? :)

The problem with CDMA carriers for me is that they are slow with data, (or I just got garbage thrown on me thanks to sprint/VM's poor coverage, and now I think they suck.) When in reality Verizon is huge and Metro probably would beat Sprint anyway since it should be renamed Spotty Yellow, cause that's what it was when I was on it. :D

I would imagine that you can get a Metro S3 for cheap, Sprint ones go for even 240ish. Try and sell yours for 300~ and tell the benefits of root, and AWS. As well as unlocked.

Upvote 0
Hey I just noticed you're a guide! Awesome, and congrats on that! (OK lol you guys will think I'm slow, but in reality I use the tapatalk app mostly so I live under a rock :p. So I have no way of knowing until I have actually went to my laptop.)

But if you go with Metro, they will merge the companies, does that mean you get exclusive benefits on Metro when they do? :)

The problem with CDMA carriers for me is that they are slow with data, (or I just got garbage thrown on me thanks to sprint/VM's poor coverage, and now I think they suck.) When in reality Verizon is huge and Metro probably would beat Sprint anyway since it should be renamed Spotty Yellow, cause that's what it was when I was on it. :D

I would imagine that you can get a Metro S3 for cheap, Sprint ones go for even 240ish. Try and sell yours for 300~ and tell the benefits of root, and AWS. As well as unlocked.

Thank you, and i just became a guide few days ago so your not living under a rock lol.

Metro has LTE and while t mobiles HSPA+ is actually faster then metro LTE the LTE is still good, cdma 3g and 1x suck badly, your very correct on that. Verizon has LTE but the 3g isnt good. max speed is hardware limited to under 3mbs
With the t mobile merger metro is changing from cdma to gsm. they will be running fully on t mobile network with all cdma shut down in mid 2015

Upvote 0
Deserted village? 21 pages of replies on the Kaioken ROM isn't that deserted :laugh::laugh:

True. But like 65% of amaze users are now weird people, including plenty of noobs. :D It's population substitution. And people hide under rocks there, and lurk too much lol. They will only come out if something cool shows up.

Thank you, and i just became a guide few days ago so your not living under a rock lol.

Metro has LTE and while t mobiles HSPA+ is actually faster then metro LTE the LTE is still good, cdma 3g and 1x suck badly, your very correct on that. Verizon has LTE but the 3g isnt good. max speed is hardware limited to under 3mbs
With the t mobile merger metro is changing from cdma to gsm. they will be running fully on t mobile network with all cdma shut down in mid 2015

Oh is the metro s3 gsm and cdma, or just cdma? Since metro is switching I.would imagine it has lte on gsm and cdma unless they're making a new model?

Upvote 0
True. But like 65% of amaze users are now weird people, including plenty of noobs. :D It's population substitution. And people hide under rocks there, and lurk too much lol. They will only come out if something cool shows up.

Oh is the metro s3 gsm and cdma, or just cdma? Since metro is switching I.would imagine it has lte on gsm and cdma unless they're making a new model?

LTE is an independent mobile technology, which is based off of GSM, but doesn't operate solely on one or the other. It seems most US carriers operate on separate LTE bands, so you'd have to pick a device that supports the same as Metro/T-Mo in order to get LTE signal on it, plus a plan on T-Mo that authorizes you to access that network.

Upvote 0

LTE is an independent mobile technology, which is based off of GSM, but doesn't operate solely on one or the other. It seems most US carriers operate on separate LTE bands, so you'd have to pick a device that supports the same as Metro/T-Mo in order to get LTE signal on it, plus a plan on T-Mo that authorizes you to access that network.
Correct, Metro is staying its own brand, you could almost consider it like straight talk, or simple mobile, with one exception it is part of t mobile and as such it has access to t mobile lte, which other providers do not, at least not yet.
The CDMA S3 for metro, metro actually has a GSM version too, both versions have LTE radios.

Ok lost my train of thought on that. lol
CDMA version connects to the cdma network and lte that version will only work on the network until mid 2015 but it also has VOLTE so it could potentially work for a few more years on LTE data connection with all voice going VOIP.

Upvote 0

I know, I'm just messin with ya. I have my Amaze on Craigslist but I don't really want to sell it. The ROMs are just too good right now:D

Upvote 0
I know, I'm just messin with ya. I have my Amaze on Craigslist but I don't really want to sell it. The ROMs are just too good right now:D

Lol true. Get ready for JB Sense once the new kernel is made!

And I don't have Lte in my house yet but I'm pretty sure it's coming soon. It should be in Jacksonville already, hopefully everywhere by 2014.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones