• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

TAB 4 connects to mobile hotspot but not wifi router

kmeechan

Lurker
Jun 11, 2020
My tablet shows it is connected to home wifi (Comcast router) and the wifi icon shows data traffic arrows going up and down but any data dependent app (Chrome, Prime video, Netflix, Youtube, Google Play store) will not connect, says there is no connection/no internet. The Chrome error message is: ERR_PROXY_CONNECTION_FAILED. All other devices in the home connect fine. The tablet DOES work fine using different mobile hotspots however from both of my phones. I have rebooted and cleared the browser data and cache and rebooted the router. Any ideas? I have not tried it on a public wifi hotspot or different home network yet but will try that as well.

Never mind, I deleted the network and reconnected and entered password and it is now working. Why would it say it is connected if it is a password issue?
it is probably connected to the tablet, but the router had no access to the internet due to the password. not really sure why that is.

but even though it says connected and you are still having issues, the very first step to troubleshooting would be to reboot the router. even though other devices are connected rebooting the router should fix most issues with your device.

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones