• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Talk Text & Data Plus $20Disc

MikeAce00

Sep 8, 2010
Has anybody had success in keeping the "Talk Text and Data Plus, $20Discount" program after upgrading to the Thunderbolt?

Mine randomly disappeared so of course I called them pretty quickly. The response I got was- I'm not allowed to change devices...:thinking:

Never heard that before! I've got a help ticket out w/ VZ right now to get it resolved.

Please let me know if your were able to keep it, or did they strip the discount from you too?

Just curious of those that have this promotion, who purchased through their TB through Verizon and who didn't? I purchased mine through VZW for two reasons. 1. Because I wanted a 1yr contract and you can only do that through VZW. 2. I was afraid of losing this promotion by going through someone else because it seems they always want to change your plan.

Upvote 0
I heard If you get a 2 year contract, you keep ur promotion, if you get a 1 year or no contract, you loose it.

I'd like to see more confirmation on this as you reminded me that on my line (the primary line on the account) I did a 2yr but on an iphone 4 for my wife and on her line I did a 1yr for the TB for me. They would not allow me to do a 1yr on my line because it was an early upgrade.

Upvote 0
I thought I might have been getting the run around...

Clarifying Details:
I was getting a replacement X for my wife's line. When I activated the replacement, it was activated to my line (not hers) for some reason. Really weird considering it was automated not done manually at a store. I called to have them switch my phone back which they did, no problem there. It was later that I went to verify my promotion and it was gone; only removed from my line... Not sure when or what caused it.

They are putting the promotion back on.

But, my wife gets her T-Bolt from Amazon sometime this month. I'll be watching like a hawk to make sure that promotion doesn't get touched LOL

Mike

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Heres the kicker lol. I asked a rep if I should go with a 1 year contract on my Tbolt since the promotions was only for a year and I said that after the promo ended I was gonna look for a cheaper service. The rep then tells me that the promo is set to end in 2038, and that I will keep the promo price for much longer then the year. So yeah, I will hold the rep to that and enjoy my $10 data plan.

Upvote 0
Heres the kicker lol. I asked a rep if I should go with a 1 year contract on my Tbolt since the promotions was only for a year and I said that after the promo ended I was gonna look for a cheaper service. The rep then tells me that the promo is set to end in 2038, and that I will keep the promo price for much longer then the year. So yeah, I will hold the rep to that and enjoy my $10 data plan.

So I can still be on my $20 discount while driving my hover car? Sa-weet! :D

Upvote 0
Holy dead-thread resurrection Batman! But, does anyone know if upping the minutes would remove this promo? I want to move up from 450 min because over the last few months I've been running over 2/3 of the way through the month.

Has anyone upped their minutes and has been able to keep the promo?

I don't know for sure but I will guess they will let you keep since you will be paying them more money.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones