• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

TB Withdrawals

Lucidot

Android Enthusiast
Feb 8, 2010
I regret to inform everyone that I have returned my TB before my return period had expired. Which BTW, I was told a the VZ store is 15 days, not the 14 that I have read before.

I was just having too many issues. My wife and I both got them the weekend after they were released. We were both on our second TB in about a week. Both of them would reboot randomly for no reason. Her second one has been running great, while I was not so lucky.

Yesterday, after taking my phone off of charge at 5:30am, I got to work and at about 8:00am I grabbed my phone and saw that I was down to 50% battery life. The phone had never dropped so quick. I then realized what the issue was. The phone was constantly searching for a 3G/1X data connection. I took it to the VZ store and the tech messed with it for about 10 or 15 minutes and said he had no clue why he couldn't get it to connect that it must be defective. It would lock into 1X but absolutely refused to grab a 3G connection. He had the same phone and had them side-by-side and showed me that his had 3G while mine said nope.

Long story short. I didn't want to take the chance of having to go through multiple phones to get one that worked and truly thought I was past my return period. I asked and they said I was on day 15 so I could return it. The manager waived my re-stocking fee since I had so much trouble with the phones. That was the 5th time I had to drive there to get something resolved. I can't say enough about how great the employees are at that store. I have never had a bad experience in all the years (13) going there.

I will still be trying to help people out in here and getting help myself since the wife still has the TB.

I just wanted to say THANKS to everyone on here for helping me with issues when I had them and even talking me out of returning the first phone and to try another. I truly did like the phone and wish it would have worked out for me. At least I can still fiddle with the wife's.

Thanks again.

Sorry to hear that. What did you get instead?

I would go with the Incredible 2 when it comes out if you can get the 2yr price

I went back to my Eris until another 4G phone comes out.

When I first grabbed my Eris I couldn't believe how much smaller it was. Like a toy compared to the TB. I'm having to re-learn how to type on it since the TB keyboard was a lot larger.

Since I returned the TB I got my $100 credit back plus I'll get the 2yr. price. I paid $159 for the TB.

Upvote 0
I returned my TB in my first 14 days as well, i found it cheaper online so i bought it there...I went back to my Dinc, and while i can definitely say i miss my TB, stepping back down to the Dinc really goes to show ya what a great phone it was. Other than the obvious screen size difference, and lack of 4g, This thing really holds it own against TB, and for its age, thats pretty damn impressive.

Upvote 0
I returned my TB in my first 14 days as well, i found it cheaper online so i bought it there...I went back to my Dinc, and while i can definitely say i miss my TB, stepping back down to the Dinc really goes to show ya what a great phone it was. Other than the obvious screen size difference, and lack of 4g, This thing really holds it own against TB, and for its age, thats pretty damn impressive.

Yeah, I didn't have the luxury of stepping down to a similar (performance wise) device. Although I have my Eris rooted and tweaked and it runs pretty smooth.

Upvote 0
I regret to inform everyone that I have returned my TB before my return period had expired. Which BTW, I was told a the VZ store is 15 days, not the 14 that I have read before.

I was just having too many issues. My wife and I both got them the weekend after they were released. We were both on our second TB in about a week. Both of them would reboot randomly for no reason. Her second one has been running great, while I was not so lucky.

Yesterday, after taking my phone off of charge at 5:30am, I got to work and at about 8:00am I grabbed my phone and saw that I was down to 50% battery life. The phone had never dropped so quick. I then realized what the issue was. The phone was constantly searching for a 3G/1X data connection. I took it to the VZ store and the tech messed with it for about 10 or 15 minutes and said he had no clue why he couldn't get it to connect that it must be defective. It would lock into 1X but absolutely refused to grab a 3G connection. He had the same phone and had them side-by-side and showed me that his had 3G while mine said nope.

Long story short. I didn't want to take the chance of having to go through multiple phones to get one that worked and truly thought I was past my return period. I asked and they said I was on day 15 so I could return it. The manager waived my re-stocking fee since I had so much trouble with the phones. That was the 5th time I had to drive there to get something resolved. I can't say enough about how great the employees are at that store. I have never had a bad experience in all the years (13) going there.

I will still be trying to help people out in here and getting help myself since the wife still has the TB.

I just wanted to say THANKS to everyone on here for helping me with issues when I had them and even talking me out of returning the first phone and to try another. I truly did like the phone and wish it would have worked out for me. At least I can still fiddle with the wife's.

Thanks again.

Hey I was wondering if u kept ur phone or not. Thats a shame that the phone didnt meet ur expectations. Dont worry there will be alot of phones coming out in the next couple of years for Verizon since they want to push their 4g network.

Upvote 0
Hey I was wondering if u kept ur phone or not. Thats a shame that the phone didnt meet ur expectations. Dont worry there will be alot of phones coming out in the next couple of years for Verizon since they want to push their 4g network.

Well initially after you and I posting back and forth, I had decided to give it a few more days after getting the first one exchanged. But when the second one turned into a turd I figured I had better get out when the gettin' was good. I think I am going through returners remorse at the moment. :D

Upvote 0
Well initially after you and I posting back and forth, I had decided to give it a few more days after getting the first one exchanged. But when the second one turned into a turd I figured I had better get out when the gettin' was good. I think I am going through returners remorse at the moment. :D

Shows what a wuss I am... I don't even know you, but I recognize your avatar because I happen to love golf, so it sticks in my mind easily, but back to my point. I remember seeing your pic all over these boards while we were all waiting together to find out a release date and get this phone. I feel bad that you went through all of that and the phone did not live up to your expectations. I'd love to hear a happy ending that you changed your mind again and gave the phone another shot. I can't blame you though...getting two lemons is more than most can handle. Good luck to ya.

Upvote 0
Shows what a wuss I am... I don't even know you, but I recognize your avatar because I happen to love golf, so it sticks in my mind easily, but back to my point. I remember seeing your pic all over these boards while we were all waiting together to find out a release date and get this phone. I feel bad that you went through all of that and the phone did not live up to your expectations. I'd love to hear a happy ending that you changed your mind again and gave the phone another shot. I can't blame you though...getting two lemons is more than most can handle. Good luck to ya.

Well, the wife still has her's, so if I start having DT's I can play with her's for a little while to get my fix.:D

Upvote 0
Be sure to let us know how the Bionic is. I promise I won't hate on you for posting about it on a Thunderbolt board; you've earned the right in my book.

It's still completely possible that I end up with the TB. My wife came from the MOTO Droid and really liked that phone. She is still getting used to the little differences with the TB. So with that being said, when I get the Bionic we may end up swapping.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones