• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Terrible wifi problem on Droid 1

It's a Motorola Droid 1, running an unrooted 2.2.2, and it's got a terrible problem. When going into Settings>Wifi Settings, I see that my Droid 1 has acquired a demon mind since I have gotten a new phone. The wifi shuts on and off by itself, constantly. Is there anything I can do to fix this? A factory reset sadly didn't fix anything.
 
Does your router have Wireless G enabled? If you disabled Wireless G and left only N, it will do this b/c the DROID cannot connect on Wireless N.
 
No, it's an older phone, but I just decided to turn on my Droid again for the 1st time in a while.
OK. Now, I see you did a factory reset, but I'm not sure if that would pick up any updates to the OS that you might have missed while the Droid was sleeping. So, check the system info and see if you have the latest stuff:

About Phone>
Android version 2.2.3
Build number FRK76

Also check "System updates"

Then report back. ;)
 
Back
Top Bottom