• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Tether

ymmie

Why do I get this error when attempting to start a tether session? I am rooted running the first release of Carbon ROM and attempting to use Wifi Tether for Root Users.

AgvSCDwJ

http://db.tt/AgvSCDwJ

huh that is a funny error.....LOL

if you go into the wifi tethering app there should be show log function. after you get that same error. hit the show log and see what it says.

also have you tried the built in tethering function within carbon?

huh that is a funny error.....LOL

if you go into the wifi tethering app there should be show log function. after you get that same error. hit the show log and see what it says.

also have you tried the built in tethering function within carbon?

So here's what happens when I try to tether. I have Wifi running, open the tether app and hit start tethering. It shuts off Wifi and says tethering is running. Me assuming Wifi needs to be running to use Wifi tethering re-enable Wifi, that's when this What the Hell error pops up. The app never shows errors on the log after that message appears and it just shows the normal shutdown log.

Where might I find the tethering function in Carbon? I am using the first version as the 4-10 update gave me more problems than the original.

Edit:

Found the tethering function within Carbon and I can now see my hotspot. Maybe a dumb question; why is Wifi off if I'm Wifi tethering?

I figured I'd need WiFi on to broadcast to other WiFi devices.

if you are using wifi on the phone to connect to the internet then you would need your phone to connect as your devices already have wifi capabilities.

it is when you are out of wifi range that you tether by having your device send out its own wifi signal using your mobile data.

Setting-> then click more options under 'data usage' -> then click 'hotspot' -> then you should be able to figure out the rest

Back
Top Bottom