• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Text forwarding using the contact list?

Prophesy

Lurker
Ok so I know this is probably basic but I have to ask anyway. When I want to forward a picture or text message to someone else on my contact list I always have to enter information in the "To" box.
(Example)
In this instance, I want to forward a text message to "Bryan." I hold down the message until the "Forward" option pops up and I select that. In this "To" box I type Bryan and nothing comes up but the number's corresponding number (B=2, R=7, etc) I do not get a drop down list giving me Bryan's name. For any text message I send I have to know the complete number of who I'm wanting to forward it to. Is there a setting I need to adjust? Or is there a app that will give me the option of bringing up my contact list so I can just select the person I want to send to via touch screen? Its very annoying.

I have searched and read that most people can just type the first few letters of a name or number and get a list of people from the contact list to choose from on the contact list however I never get anyone :confused: Thank you for any information.

ive got basically the same problem. sometimes i can type the first few letters of the persons name and it brings it up on the list and other times it wont. kind of irritating.

hello. Make sure the person you are trying to forward the SMS or MMS to has his/her phone number as a mobile number not home. The stock messaging app will not bring up names that does not have a number designated as a mobile number.

hello. Make sure the person you are trying to forward the SMS or MMS to has his/her phone number as a mobile number not home. The stock messaging app will not bring up names that does not have a number designated as a mobile number.

thanks alot, that solved the problem

Thank you! Also going to look into Handcent. Thanks again guys. Still seems silly that something like this should be a annoyance with this phone.

Back
Top Bottom