• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Text message privacy

cutepoison

Lurker
Dec 3, 2009
Hello all,

I have a question and I've been searching for the answer for days now. I hope you can help me. I did use the search button but I couldn't find what I was looking for.

My problem is: the privacy of the text messages on the HTC Hero. I didn't want everyone to read the message at the top left of my screen, so I tried other sms apps. However, I can't figure out if it's possible to get a pop up when I recieve a new message WITHOUT the entire message immediatly displayed. I just want a pop-up like: 'new message from ...' cause I find it annoying that everyone can read the content of my texts when I recieve one!

Is there an app where this is possible? I really hope you can help me out, thanks in advance!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones