• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Text msgS AND Contacts dissapearance

hed22

Lurker
Aug 30, 2011
Hi all

I'm new to this forum- am hoping someone can give me some guidance?! Thanks!

Have a desire- earlier this evening I was in the 'manage apps' directory trying to free some space- deleting caches etc. Am wondering whether I made a hideous error- I was searcning through one program- unsure which one- when the phone suddenly shut down. I can't recall which caches by this point I had 'deleted'

On restart to my horror... all 2000 plus messages and all my contacts had disappeared. I restarted phone again- no joy.

I do have some of the contacts backed up and some of the messages - via my phoneexplorer.

As far as I can see it is only the contacts and the texts which have been lost- am wondering whether I have deleted a cache of one of the system apps-therefore losing data-is this possible?

So is there anyway I can 'undelete' and retrieve these recent valuable text messages??

thanks in advance

Hed

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones