• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Texting Images Get Converted to Slideshow?

I apologize if this subject has come up, I didn't immediately find a thread that dealt with it.

When I try to send a picture to my phone from email, or from my phone to my wife's phone, my AT&T Captivate turns it into a 16 second slideshow with 2 images, the first being a black screen and the second the image I want to send.

All I want to do is be able to send a jpeg or bmp or whatever without the idiotic slideshow conversion. Can anyone tell me how to deactivate or disable that feature? I had to have install a bunch of markets apps just send a simple jpeg, there must be a way.

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!
 
Mine is kind of like that. Every picture I receive or send end up being a 10 second video file. It stays the still picture, but still. In the text screen you see a huge play button over the image. Not as bad as having 8 seconds being black and 8 seconds being the picture, but still annoying.
 
Actually I just upgraded to stock 2.2 from stock 2.1 yesterday morning. Before the upgrade, a picture message in the stock messaging app would be converted to a slideshow. After the upgrade, the picture message is still being converted to a slideshow, but there is also a big play button being displayed over the picture in the threaded view, which is new.

As a previous samsung user with phone's past, I've always assumed it was just a Samsung thing that pic messages were converted to slide show, so I assume that's what the problem is. But it is new that the big play button is being put over top of every picture sent now, as if they were videos or actual slideshows.
 
I have the new samsung galaxy s3 running ice cream sandwich and still the same annoying problem, unbelievable. This is the only thing i really miss from my iphone 4s, all the pictures were inline with the text. Still, android rules!
 
Did you do a factory reset after the upgrade? I know everyone hates doing them but they truly do usually fix most problems caused in an OS upgrade.
 
Back
Top Bottom