• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Texts fail, only solution to reboot?

BeastMD

Feb 11, 2010
Love my TB so far, even battery life has been good for me, but for some reason after being idle for a while I cant get texts to go unless I reboot.

Anyone else seen this? Using chomp, next time it happens I am going to try the stock text app but its getting annoying...

Also noticed that rebooting the phone eats up 5-10% of battery which seems like too much.

Hey guys. I know I am replying to my own post but..

I am having an issue when I attempt to text sometimes. It happens in the stock text app and Chomp. When the connection has been on wifi for a while, when I try to text they simply fail for 5 or 10 minutes and then they will go with no issues. Rebooting solves the issue seemingly but that could just be the time when it wont text. I am able to shut off the wifi and browse the web but it wont text.

I am on a 4g connection with most of the time 3 bars in the Baltimore area. Happens at home and work and not all of the time. Has anyone seen that?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones