• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

The Offical KRISPY KREME "Share Da Love" Donut-A-Thon 2013

for KK is only better when warm eaten right away. a coworker brought some KK donuts, just the glazed, and it was hours cold. to me it tasted like any other donut. but i just had one that i ate right as we pulled away from the drive thru and they were still very warm......so much better!!!!!!!!!! i understand the craze, but it has to be warm.

for KK is only better when warm eaten right away. a coworker brought some KK donuts, just the glazed, and it was hours cold. to me it tasted like any other donut. but i just had one that i ate right as we pulled away from the drive thru and they were still very warm......so much better!!!!!!!!!! i understand the craze, but it has to be warm.

I agree! they must be warm. Ive microwaved then later and it was as good as off the belt

There was a time when my local grocer had a deal to sell KKs. They were never warm and were just okay. However.... a quick zap and they were wonderful. They have since quit selling them so it's a trip to the city to purchase them. I always go inside where they gift you one right off the line as you are waiting to place your order. I couple more on the way home mysteriously happens as well. It's a hassle to buy them but a hassle worth while.

There was a time when my local grocer had a deal to sell KKs. They were never warm and were just okay. However.... a quick zap and they were wonderful. They have since quit selling them so it's a trip to the city to purchase them. I always go inside where they gift you one right off the line as you are waiting to place your order. I couple more on the way home mysteriously happens as well. It's a hassle to buy them but a hassle worth while.

Oh yes ! you are right. they actually sell them in grocery stores ! and zap ⚡ in the microwave unlocks the soft freshness almost like when they are fresh off the belt!

Youre right… you get a free one at times when in-person waiting on a dozen or two… ..or three… .

I've had a little history with Krispy Kreme in London over the years.

From going to their own bakery counter or collection hatch in Harrods Department Store 16 - 17 years ago to collect for my employer... to buying 2 ring donuts with chocolate sprinkles for a 9 and 10 year old boy over the last 3 years before driving him home from school as an intermittent part time job.

Just before he turned 11 last month he figured he's grown out of them, so we now occasionally stop off for sour cream Pringles and chunky Kit - Kats.

I had forgotten they are best warm and fresh. Like the US they have cabinets in smaller supermarkets and petrol / gas stations replenished around midday, and fresh enough for a few hours.

They have had one drive - in / drive thru that I know of in South London since landing on these shores, and one more recent store / restaurant in Windsor near the Castle. (I guess that's why I see corgis with saddle bags crossing the road)

Not a big fan of their donuts these days, a bit too light and sugary, but they're nice on occasion.

Best buying those dozen boxes as a group treat. Their posted price for 3 doesn't add up if you only want the glazed/ring donuts and are generally too expensive really, but hey .... if you want to flaunt it.... :)

They are considered a treat around my house and we don't indulge often. A daily consumption would be too much for me. Seven or eight times a year is my sweet spot... pun intended. As for pricing, I've never paid a lot of attention to the price being a random consumer.
It is family tradition to drive the city to view the Christmas lights each year with the trip ending at Krispy Kreme's front doors. Beyond that, it's a sudden insatiable craving for them that prompts the purchase.

LOL @OLBRead, pun well-taken… and perfectly on time!! I agree, i can't indulge on a whim as before now that they are plentiful in my area. i may have had about six total in last year… .. when i am used to a couple dozen in six months or less… yum

Prices are a bit steep here for 12 kk's glazed but well worth it

I just went to my local KK site to see their pricing. No prices were extended however. I did click on their nutritional link on the regular glazed... only 190 calories per donut. :) I can down half my suggested calorie intake per day without taking a breath. :)

I just went to my local KK site to see their pricing. No prices were extended however. I did click on their nutritional link on the regular glazed... only 190 calories per donut. :) I can down half my suggested calorie intake per day without taking a breath. :)

WOW! that many calories per donut!!! that's my food intake in one setting lol (k!bring).

But like your recent post says… even the price is no object when "in need to indulge", right?

The Willy Wonka's factory style glass store in ultra posh Harrods was all the rage for a while. They're gone from there now.

I think they priced themselves high. The prices have come down a little recently, and I guess they're making enough bucks even if some stores don't sell many.

The cabinet in a station next to a boys school is empty by 4.10 pm.

I took these 20 minutes after posting in Richmond, not far from there.

IMG_20211112_122336.jpg
IMG_20211112_122351.jpg
IMG_20211112_122427.jpg
IMG_20211112_122440.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow those are some great up to the hour current pics of Krispy Kremes from the UK!!!! N!ce treat to see!

Yup priced themselves out of the marked locally here too back in early 2000s. Funny how they just returned and price still h!gh but comparable to today's inflation.

The variety in your pics are making me wanna go make a KK run so i can pick ⛏️ up a few dozens for me and a few boxes for all my friends including @olbriar and @Clementine_3 and @Milo Williamson

We did our annual Christmas light tour and bought a dozen KKs like every year. A dozen including tax was $11.60. I ate one there and two when I got home. They didn't hand out any freebies tonight... bummer!

The store was clean but the help was moving like they were dragging a hundred pound weight behind them. They were in a dismal mood and it dampened the experience immensely. They are usually very friendly and it's an upbeat buying experience. No free KK and a pissy mood makes me wish I had done the drive through.

My KKs were legit!!!

Thats a bummer. was it a very young crew? I've read local reviews of very similar experiences. Seems like one location where employees are from the old-school who remembers KrispyKreme history per say, seem more upbeat and friendly. the other locations here with younger crews don't seem to enjoy the job or something… .

Thats a bummer. was it a very young crew? I

I'm guessing the oldest help there was less than 25. It looked like a slave camp by their behavior. Usually they are cutting up and enjoying their work.. as much as work is work. They were in zombie mode. My order was boxed up in a timely fashion and my wait to pay for my KKs was acceptable. No complaints. Just an observation that they said nothing to one another or to the patrons. It was odd. Dead quiet.

I'll be eating a couple more KKs after while. Life is good. :)

you're right, typically a lot of cutting up and having fun. The reviews reads the same here… like they are trodden down and in a functional mode only. i wonder if its management?

I am soooo jealous ! we usually stock up on a KK Run and freeze a couple dozen in double-freezer ziplocs.. we're out!

Back
Top Bottom