• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

The OnePlus 2 will initially use an invite system when released

kate

Dreaming of Bugdroid.
OnePlus recently ended invites for their OnePlus One to celebrate the phones announcement one year ago. In that blog post they also mention that when the OnePlus 2 is released later this year you'll need an invite to get one:

"Yes, the 2 will initially launch with invites. We’re committed to maintaining razor-thin margins in order to give as much value as possible back to our users, and this drastically increases our risk. The OnePlus 2 will bring the challenges that come along with a brand new product, and initially, our invite system will help us to manage that risk. It also helps us to be sure that every OnePlus 2 user gets the amazing experience that they deserve."

Yup and ensures they only make how many are needed. Saves on storage costs or making units that don't sell :thumbsupdroid:

I can't wait to see how good/bad it is but I know for a fact if I dropped my OPO in the toilet tomorrow I'd save for another one at the new reduced price (and get the 64gb version this time dammit lol)
Still an outstanding phone

Back
Top Bottom