• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

The Tablet Tavern

So your getting the Note 2 nice. The only reason i wouldnt get that is because of its size thats why im going with the nexus 4

So your getting the Note 2 nice. The only reason i wouldnt get that is because of its size thats why im going with the nexus 4

bigger is better, lol :D

that, and i wanted that nice s-pen. i'm a person who likes to jot random stuff down, and i'm tired of wasting paper for it ;p it's an expensive solution. the nexus 4 was tempting me, really, but it lacked a lot of things that i felt i could use everyday.

My wife won't let me touch her tech, because I can't just "fix" it, I have to start tweaking it and it drives her batty. I can't remember the last time I tweaked her tech ... um, I don't think that sounds right. :o

Does not sound right!
I begged my wife forever to root her OG Droid but she never let me. :o
But, with her Bionic which was mine, rooted and ROM'd I eventually had to completely wipe her phone before I could unroot and upgrade it. With all her signal problems, she finally let me do it. :)

speaking of rooting, i'm thinking of trying another custom JB Rom on my kindle fire. however, i don't know how to back the data up. any suggestions? also, will it back up saved game data?

I got a pass when my wife wanted to put her kindle account on her B&N Nook color. I told here it was possible but I'd have to root it. That, I think was the only time she let me do anything with her stuff, and even then she wanted to watch to make sure I didn't change any of the configurations.

Of course, I do understand. It's the same thing as if she switched around my sock drawer and I couldn't find my favorite pair of argyles. ;)

Now, on top of fixing the wife's tech? I fix my moms tech! And half the neighborhoods too....

Got to learn how to say NO!

In one day (as in yesterday) my mom messed up her Comcast router/portal, had her phone die (LG Optimus V) and her Nook simple touch failed (repaired with full reset). She lives 70 miles from me and after driving there for Thanksgiving, I had to go back the day after to fix everything. She's on Virgin Mobile, so we ordered her a HTC One V to replace the Optimus...huge upgrade!

Just got a firmware upgrade for my Prime. What's it gonna be, 4.2? :eek:
It was previously on 4.1.1 so it may be 4.1.2. May be parting with it soon though.

Edit: Whelp just stayed at 4.1.1. Must have been a small bug fix. At least Asus is on it with upgrades unlike some manufacturers. ;)

Lucky my tab dosnt even have jelly bean yet the worse and older version of it does. How does that even make sense.

The other day my wife managed to change the laguage and uninstall a few apps. Yet she was adament the phone just did it itself. Luckily i was on hand to fix it. It wasnt difficult but it was funny how she could do so much all by an accident

My wife just came home with a new TV and i just stood there in awe. Thats what i get for telling her about my bonus and the thing is we definetly do not need a new TV so i have sent her back to the shop to return it.
I just hope she dosnt come back with something else.
Her excuse was she thought it would be a nice suprise

Lucky my tab dosnt even have jelly bean yet the worse and older version of it does. How does that even make sense.

Xoom 2 was Motos toy, Xoom 1 was Google's. :)
Is quite a bummer. Was weird when the TF300 got JB before the 201 or 700 did (Prime and Infinity) and was considered the lesser of the three.

My wife just came home with a new TV and i just stood there in awe. Thats what i get for telling her about my bonus and the thing is we definetly do not need a new TV so i have sent her back to the shop to return it.
I just hope she dosnt come back with something else.
Her excuse was she thought it would be a nice suprise

I hope you let her down gently or she'll be bringing home a garden shed next and you'll be sleeping in it. :eek:

I bought a new laptop a couple of weeks ago. It's only a small 10 inch one, but it's what I wanted and suits my requirements perfectly. Came with Windows 7 Ultimate(mostly in English). From what I've seen, there's nothing in Windows 8 that I'd really want anyway.

Sent from my new made in Beijing Lenovo S110. :D

There is that whole pesky much faster aspect to 8!;):D

Bangers and Mash is always good but, if it's proper fish (in batter) n chips, I'd go for that and Sticky Toffee Pudding for desert :)

Thanks! My wife loves their bone marrow but it's just too rich for me.
We may end up going somewhere else on that street (there's a ton of cool restaurants there). Boundary Road is a restaurant we've been wanting to try.
Apparently Pres Obama was there just a few months ago. :)

Back
Top Bottom