• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Theme permission

Android Addict

Android Enthusiast
Hi!
I've been making themes and wanted to ask the devs for permission to post themes for your Roms. Its cool if y'all don't want me to. I just figured I'd ask for yalls permission first, thanks!

Hey GT is there any way I could send you a link to the theme when its done? I just want you to make sure I didn't break any of your rules.

Hey GT is there any way I could send you a link to the theme when its done? I just want you to make sure I didn't break any of your rules.
What rules? If it's your work, just post it!

You're prolly gonna have one or few themed apks in a flashable zip I assume. Start new thread for your theme and you're good to go. ;)

Probably won't be posting it anytime soon. I keep getting stuck in a bootloop :banghead: This is very frustrating :mad:

Edit: finally got it to boot but my apk's aren't sticking. I'm not able to text, call or go to my settings. I officially want to kick a midget in the shin!

I am officially giving up. I wasted a couple of weeks trying to get one theme to work like it is supposed to but that hasn't happened. I might try again someday but that more than likely won't happen. Thanks anyways.

Quiter!!!! :p Just messing wit ya lol.

I'm surprised your giving up so easily though. When I first started noone taught me anything and it took me months to learn lol. I simply did lots of googling and trial and error and read till my eyes bled lol. Eventually I learned and it all made sense. I'm actually still learning, with android you always are no matter how good you are.

Anyways, if you decide to stay in the game....

Join PlayfulGod's website Here which is a great place to learn. There's 3 sections you should visit there....

Development Resources (All the guides you need for anything)
Themers' Art Board (All about theming)
Beginner's Bunker (Good place to start learning dev-ing)

You can post questions in any of those sections or share your knowledge.

Good luck. ;)
===========================================
I'm surprised I don't see most of you guys on PG's site. I always see Jason and people from the motion, S3, and Esteem communities there. There's also good hangout sections there to kick back. Don't forget to check Spirit section lol.

Quiter!!!! :p Just messing wit ya lol.

I'm surprised your giving up so easily though. When I first started noone taught me anything and it took me months to learn lol. I simply did lots of googling and trial and error and read till my eyes bled lol. Eventually I learned and it all made sense. I'm actually still learning, with android you always are no matter how good you are.

Anyways, if you decide to stay in the game....

Join PlayfulGod's website Here which is a great place to learn. There's 3 sections you should visit there....

Development Resources (All the guides you need for anything)
Themers' Art Board (All about theming)
Beginner's Bunker (Good place to start learning dev-ing)

You can post questions in any of those sections or share your knowledge.

Good luck. ;)
===========================================
I'm surprised I don't see most of you guys on PG's site. I always see Jason and people from the motion, S3, and Esteem communities there. There's also good hangout sections there to kick back. Don't forget to check Spirit section lol.

I wish I would've known all this at the beginning. I've been asking questions on other sites/forums with no luck :D I honestly never knew PG had a site but I will definitely check it out now. And I'm not the type of person to just give up on something except this time I was lol. I kept hitting dead ends and finding nothing but outdated guides on how to theme with steps that were missing. I really want to figure out my problems so I can fix them or it'll keep bugging me. Thanks for the post! I'll give it another try and this time I'll take my time and try not to rush the process until I get more familiar with it. Thanks for everything!

Edit: waiting on activation by the admin right now ;)

When you scroll down on the homepage you'll see it's broken into sections. Look under the section titled "Android Development" and you'll see the threads I mentioned above.

I think I might have to be approved by an admin before I can see that stuff, no idea though. I guess I'll just play the waiting game with jlede :D

Still waiting activation lol coffee ehh I'm 15 and I drink it like once every month or 2 (just passing le time)

Back
Top Bottom