• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root themes question

dcooterfrog

I have parts of the theme that I don't like. (olive green with orange) really.
I have the freamework-res.apk from a system dump and I modified a bunch of the images by simply color shifting them (hue +30) or hue +60, lightness -20

I then dropped them back into the apk using 7zip.

sooo... do I just need to drop it on top of my current one with root explorer and reboot.

or do I need to sign them. I seem to remember people saying don't sign apks going in the system directory or you will get a boot loop. I have only changed themes with flashable zips from recovery before.

On my Moto Devour I didn't have to do anything special with the framework-res when I changed the boot animation in it. It was just a bunch of PNG files and the APK was just a ZIP. Can't make any promises about the Stratosphere though. But yes, I copied the new one in with Root Explorer.

yes copying the framework with root explorer was all I needed to do. but I messed up the .9.pngs so it look sbad.
I will try UOT kitchen now

UOT kitchen works great. I now have a battery gauge with numbers
just uploaded the twframwork-res.apk and the framework.res
then copied them over with root explorer.

now i can change more images in the framwork and fix the .9.pngs I messed up.

I will post them after I am done. it's a mostly green so its not roo different from stock.

UOT kitchen works great. I now have a battery gauge with numbers
just uploaded the twframwork-res.apk and the framework.res
then copied them over with root explorer.

now i can change more images in the framwork and fix the .9.pngs I messed up.

I will post them after I am done. it's a mostly green so its not roo different from stock.

Ah, I was going to give this a try one day when I had more time, but I am glad to know the UOT works. I got to get the battery gauge I had on CM7 back with the percentage numbers.

Also, if only I could hide the time display in the corner too, not needed when I have beautiful widgets.

How hard is it to do this?

I'd like to have the ICS style notification bar and I'd also like to edit out some of the green/orange.

How hard is it to do this?

I'd like to have the ICS style notification bar and I'd also like to edit out some of the green/orange.

editing out the green orange is not to bad if yu are editing the pngs that are not .9.pngs. I had redone entire theme and none of my .9s work. I think you need to recompile and recompile. it also looked silly with the bright green text. that requiers changing the xml. too advanced for me.

if the image is not a .9 you can just replace the images.
for an ics status bar. just replacethe images in the systemui.apk with new ones of the same name.

i have what I am calling "moslty stock"
its a framework-res.apk with less orange and battery mod (percentages)
and a cleaned up SystemUI.apk..same as original except i took off the lte part where it says 4glte and get rid of the orange upload for a Different color. also got rid of the orange n a few more places
if interested I I can post a link mine. they a the same as the

you will have to push them with adb or copy them with root explorer

use at own risk. blah blah
if you use root mananger you may get forecloses.
your status bar will disappear when you move systemui until you reboot.

make sure oyu have a factoryfs.rfs around so you can reflash that with heimdal if you get really bad forecloses. I needed one with a different framewrk I tried that was corrupted.

place framework-res.apk and twframwork.res in the /system/framework/
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5271399/framework-res.apk
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5271399/twframework-res.apk

place the SystemUI.apk in s/system/app/
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5271399/SystemUI.apk

can anyone tell me exactly if stratosphere is a galaxy s device,likeit says on the box,or is it considered somethin else...also is there a SIMPLE way to root it...had for 4 months and still learnin this stuff....thank y'all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back