• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Thinking about switching to Boost

I am looking at coming from T-mobile to boost Pre-paid for the free LG Volt in store promotion. Last time I had Sprint in NYC I would literally stand in midtown Manhattan and not move and my bars would flucuate and my service go in and out, thought it was my phone, 3 years later I am living in Chicago now, my friend has a brand new note 3, same issue. goes between Spark and 3g and cannot hold a signal.

Is sprint/boost still like this? I remember not being to get service ANYWHERE, If so, I will stick to tmobile.

Maybe that certain spot isn't a strong spark/4g area? That's my only guess why it would cut in and out constantly.

When I was with sprint less than a year ago with my former lg g2, I never experienced any fluctuation except in a not so good spark/4g coverage area.

Granted I know nothing about boost but I don't think they have the spark technology, just check boosts coverage map to see how good the 4g area is where you are.

Reactions: blaqueknight
Upvote 0
Yes they do have Spark coverage. I just wanna know if anyone else has this issue
I have this issue with T-Mobile. Times, at home, will drop to 4G from LTE. Same area, same coverage. Yet same house, my own Boost LG G2, always has Spark.
Ask a friend who has Sprint/Boost over for dinner, tell them to bring their phone :)

Reactions: blaqueknight
Upvote 0
I should have been more accurate :)

The GOOD $100 credit ended (could use 100 off -any- phone with port)

Now, you can choose several lower phones (Volt,Speed,Tribute,Lumia635) for free, or (100 off msrp ZTE Max or Sync)
So your 100 off is limited to 2 of their choice. With port.

You used to be able to buy any phone, and take 100 off. That......was a better promotion.

Call Vegas, and ask if you can take 100 off the Stylo with port :)

Reactions: mydian
Upvote 0
I should have been more accurate :)

The GOOD $100 credit ended (could use 100 off -any- phone with port)

Now, you can choose several lower phones (Volt,Speed,Tribute,Lumia635) for free, or (100 off msrp ZTE Max or Sync)
So your 100 off is limited to 2 of their choice. With port.

You used to be able to buy any phone, and take 100 off. That......was a better promotion.

Call Vegas, and ask if you can take 100 off the Stylo with port :)
Actually it is available for 99 with port and the Prevail LTE is 29 the Volt, Speed, Tribute and Moto E are free(at this particular store)...I guess authorized retailers have discretion on how they run the promotions.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones