• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Tim's Evo V 4G Tweaks - 3,800+ In Quadrant!!!

Any recommendations as to how to get these into the buildprop? I copied them to a word document on my phone to copy to the building prop and the text was way bigger than what had been there and it ran all of the text together.

I suggest copying the build.prop onto your SD card and opening it in wordpad, not in notepad or else all the text will run together

no comments on battery life and camera mod improvements? I'm dying to try the dual core mod and the camera mod but hesitant without feedback.

no comments on battery life and camera mod improvements? I'm dying to try the dual core mod and the camera mod but hesitant without feedback.

The camera tweak shouldn't affect battery life. I'm going to post a stock int.qcom.post_boot script so you can copy it over to disable the tweak.
I cant vouch for the battery life of any of these tweaks as these were the tweaks I applied the second I got my phone and rooted it.

Cool It also had the problem that CPU settings wouldn't stick if you changed them but thats fixed in the zip I posted :)
Awesome! I'm not even sure if the original scripts I uploaded were actually working, I was looking in system tuner and Core 2 was constantly going offline.

The first camera tweak may be irrelevant since both have the same file inside overwriting whichever you put in first.

The first camera tweak may be irrelevant since both have the same file inside overwriting whichever you put in first.
Ive been looking into the files and noticing that. When I get back home i'm going to fix up the zips and take out any duplicate tweaks

Can you flash all of the flashable Tweaks at one time in 4EXT? Also have the camera tweaks had any negative effects on the 3D camera? And does the disabling of one core weaken the cell signal at all when it goes to single core?

EDIT: was able to flash all easily with 4EXT

Has anyone noticed that the stock build.prop (which I've posted in a previous thread) already comes with debug.sf.hw = 1? (This is just one example, there are lots in the stock build.prop) What I don't know is how sticking a line like that in build.prop twice will be handled. How well does Android handle bits like that? I'll wait for a flashable build.prop until I manage to reconcile all of the already-existing lines with these tweaked versions, which could take a good while.

Has anyone noticed that the stock build.prop (which I've posted in a previous thread) already comes with debug.sf.hw = 1? (This is just one example, there are lots in the stock build.prop) What I don't know is how sticking a line like that in build.prop twice will be handled. How well does Android handle bits like that? I'll wait for a flashable build.prop until I manage to reconcile all of the already-existing lines with these tweaked versions, which could take a good while.

I think it reads the one closest to the bottom of the build.prop since the Original Evo 3D build.prop had
Code:
ro.setupwizard.mode=DISABLED
twice and
Code:
ro.setupwizard.mode=OPTIONAL
once

I took away the qc.hardware and qc.debug tweaks, as they were actually hindering performance by about 4-8 FPS. My goal now is to get 60 FPS in NenaMark, I'm up to 51.4 FPS right now...

I took away the qc.hardware and qc.debug tweaks, as they were actually hindering performance by about 4-8 FPS. My goal now is to get 60 FPS in NenaMark, I'm up to 51.4 FPS right now...

I win lol Mobster Rom V 1.0.4.1 got over 60 FPS

Nenamark 1

screenshot2012061822044.png

Nenamark 2

screenshot2012061822120.png

Both of these were on the First try I probably could have gotten higher if I kept testing.....

I win lol Mobster Rom V 1.0.4.1 got over 60 FPS

How'd u do that? Is that with or without the AnthraX kernel?

Edit: NVM, I though the NenaMark 1 test was the NenaMark 2 test lol.
I meant only the NenaMark 2 test, I already was getting around 65-70 FPS on NenaMark 1

Im going to bed but heres my max FPS for right now, Im using the Smartass V2 governor and there was probably some thermal throttling as I was constantly tweaking, rebooting, and rerunning the tests. This is a first run after my last reboot:

attachment.php

Almost beaten the Galaxy S II T-Mobile, which also had the Adreno 220 but its clocked higher. Imagine what this phone can do when they make a GPU overclocking kernel for ICS!

Attachments

• NenaMark2_2012-06-19_0026.png
    NenaMark2_2012-06-19_0026.png
    508 KB · Views: 1,623
Im going to bed but heres my max FPS for right now, Im using the Smartass V2 governor and there was probably some thermal throttling as I was constantly tweaking, rebooting, and rerunning the tests. This is a first run after my last reboot:

attachment.php

Almost beaten the Galaxy S II T-Mobile, which also had the Adreno 220 but its clocked higher. Imagine what this phone can do when they make a GPU overclocking kernel for ICS!

lol im gonna try to beat this now :D

Can I apply the tweaks on Stock rooted?
-not the kernel, I love 3D imaging.

yup, you can apply any of these tweaks to stock rooted. For some of the flashable tweaks and for some of my upcoming tweaks you will need busybox, but I have an appstore link next to the ones that require busybox.
And I wouldn't recommend ever flashing the kernel unless your a performance junky like me :D
The kernel just breaks to much stuff right now that I wouldn't recommend it for daily use. So its good that you don't want to flash the kernel

lol ok its a race to 60 fps in nenamark 2! :p

Its impossible to accomplish any higher results in Mobster Rom V since modifying the GPU further then i did will lower Performance rather then improve it.....

However my test were done without overclocking you could try using my Rom with the Overclock Kernel to see if you get your 60 FPS in NenaMark 2

just did a retest of NenaMark 2 but on Mobster Rom V 1.0.5 and this is what i got (without overclock)

screenshot2012061903463.png

Its impossible to accomplish any higher results in Mobster Rom V since modifying the GPU further then i did will lower Performance rather then improve it.....

However my test were done without overclocking you could try using my Rom with the Overclock Kernel to see if you get your 60 FPS in NenaMark 2

just did a retest of NenaMark 2 but on Mobster Rom V 1.0.5 and this is what i got (without overclock)

screenshot2012061903463.png

Ok ill see what happens when I put mine back to stock clocks

Edit: Ok I ran it with stock clocks and got about 42.3 FPS. When I get home in about 7 hours I'm gonna flash your rom and try overclocking. I think it has to do with the absence of the sense launcher, cause its such a resource hog.

Back
Top Bottom