• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [TOOL][ALPHA] ZTE Source Unbrick Tool

SuperR

Android Expert
Recognized Developer
DISCLAIMER: By using this tool, you agree that you are the only one responsible for anything good or bad that may occur. Use at your own risk.;)

For ZTE Source only.

This is the ZTE Source Unbrick Tool

Download hera_test_unbrick.iso

Use your favorite burning software to burn the iso image to cd. I like ImgBurn for windows because it is free, easy, and effective. Once the cd is burned, put it in your pc and reboot. Enter into your pc bios and change the boot order making the cd drive the first to boot. Normally to get into pc bios, you need to press one of the following: del, f2, f10, or f12. It depends on the pc but it is normally right after the pc starts and it will say on the screen which one to press.

Once you get it booted on your pc, put your device in DFU mode (hold both volume buttons along with power). Plug in your device, click the green android icon on the desktop, press ok or enter on the password prompt, type "hera" which is the codename for your device (you will see a chart) and press enter. Confirm with "y" then press enter, and wait. When it is finished, PhilZ Recovery will be installed and you will be able to flash ROMs.

Personally I make bootable usb flash drives instead of cd's. There is a program called Unetbootin that makes the process very easy.

Credits:
cooldudezach - figured out the partition locations and built PhilZ Touch

Thanks for this tool I used it and it said it unbricked but I have an issue where it keeps going to a screen that says Encryption Unsuccessful and reset button but even if I wipe and restore or anything it simply returns to this screen, MD5 check says something about files different from official...was running stock rom and rooted with the Asian tool nothing touched beyond the root and suddenly yesterday this started..

Any ideas or tips would be appreciated bTW I dont thing debug was enabled can I enable it or flash stock rom another way? Thanks again

Thanks for this tool I used it and it said it unbricked but I have an issue where it keeps going to a screen that says Encryption Unsuccessful and reset button but even if I wipe and restore or anything it simply returns to this screen, MD5 check says something about files different from official...was running stock rom and rooted with the Asian tool nothing touched beyond the root and suddenly yesterday this started..

Any ideas or tips would be appreciated bTW I dont thing debug was enabled can I enable it or flash stock rom another way? Thanks again

You should have CWM recovery after running the unbrick tool. Put stock rom on your sdcard and flash through CWM. I think you can get to CWM by turning your device off, then hold volume down and power.

hey i burned the iso to a disc and i made the cd first to boot on my laptop but it gets to desktop and there is no android icon to click on and on my desktop i booted from the cd and then a bunch of stuff comes up and asks for a login user and i tried to type hera but it says invalid so idk what to do

hey i burned the iso to a disc and i made the cd first to boot on my laptop but it gets to desktop and there is no android icon to click on and on my desktop i booted from the cd and then a bunch of stuff comes up and asks for a login user and i tried to type hera but it says invalid so idk what to do

Do you get a graphical desktop with mouse or just a black screen with text?

just black screen with text i can type but no mouse

Sounds like you have an unsupported graphics card. Try typing:
Code:
cd /home/tux
./zteunbrick

edit: it might be a different directory now that i think about it, can't really remember. It is in /home/tux for sure, but there might be another directory before the ./zteunbrick. If the cd /home/tux works, you can type ls to see what directories are there. Post them and I will try to help.

edit2: alternatively, you can try a different pc. It works on most.

Sounds like you have an unsupported graphics card. Try typing:
Code:
cd /home/tux
./zteunbrick

edit: it might be a different directory now that i think about it, can't really remember. It is in /home/tux for sure, but there might be another directory before the ./zteunbrick. If the cd /home/tux works, you can type ls to see what directories are there. Post them and I will try to help.

edit2: alternatively, you can try a different pc. It works on most.

i did the cd /home/tux ls and i see the ZTE_Unbrick_tool dir but when i type it in it says no such file or dir

Edit:1 i got to the part where i need to type code name i typed hera and i get /usr/bin/zteunbrick: line 28: ./hera-unbrick :no such file or dir

Edit:2 i got passed the part where it asks for codename and when i put y to confirm it says device not detected

Try
Code:
su 
./zteunbrick
from the same directory.

The password is "root" without quotes

If that does not work, try booting to the cd on a different pc
hey sorry i didnt have internet connection for a few days but i was playing with the cd on a different pc and i got it to work, But when i flashed a rom my phone is extremely slow it takes 5 min for anything to load and now does not recognize sim card so i have no service know of any fix?

hey sorry i didnt have internet connection for a few days but i was playing with the cd on a different pc and i got it to work, But when i flashed a rom my phone is extremely slow it takes 5 min for anything to load and now does not recognize sim card so i have no service know of any fix?

The only thing in the unbrick tool currently is recovery. If any of the other partitions got messed up causing the brick, the unbrick tool in its current state will not fix it.

Did you flash something that caused the brick in the first place? If so, link me to the file so I can see what got flashed over. Then we can get the partition you need and flash it through cwm. Hopefully we can get it fixed.

The only thing in the unbrick tool currently is recovery. If any of the other partitions got messed up causing the brick, the unbrick tool in its current state will not fix it.

Did you flash something that caused the brick in the first place? If so, link me to the file so I can see what got flashed over. Then we can get the partition you need and flash it through cwm. Hopefully we can get it fixed.

the brick didnt come from flashing anything i wiped something that deleted everything on my phone even touch recovery i also noticed after i flashed a rom and plugged in my phone to pc and turned on media device mode that there was nothing on the phone no system,data,ect folders

the brick didnt come from flashing anything i wiped something that deleted everything on my phone even touch recovery i also noticed after i flashed a rom and plugged in my phone to pc and turned on media device mode that there was nothing on the phone no system,data,ect folders

Please be as specific as possible. I need to know what you did to break it in order to help you fix it.

i know sorry i wiped i formated cache system and data and wiped the cache partition and Dalvik cache

None of those things brick phones. What else did you do? If you didn't do anything else, you must have bad hardware and need a new phone.

None of those things brick phones. What else did you do? If you didn't do anything else, you must have bad hardware and need a new phone.

well at first my issue was that i could only get into cwm phone would stay at ZTE splash screen when i tryed anything else so i did a clean to install new rom and went to install a new rom but cwm said it was corrupted and didnt install anything and when i rebooted my phone i had no cwm and couldnt boot past splash screens

well at first my issue was that i could only get into cwm phone would stay at ZTE splash screen when i tryed anything else so i did a clean to install new rom and went to install a new rom but cwm said it was corrupted and didnt install anything and when i rebooted my phone i had no cwm and couldnt boot past splash screens
Which rom did you install when it was corrupted and you lost cwm?

Which rom did you install when it was corrupted and you lost cwm?

Your Stock B09 Unmodified and Deodexed i downloaded it on my phone and im pretty sure since i was downloading it on my mobile data instead of wifi something got messed up while it was downloading ive used your rom before and it worked perfectly

Your Stock B09 Unmodified and Deodexed i downloaded it on my phone and im pretty sure since i was downloading it on my mobile data instead of wifi something got messed up while it was downloading ive used your rom before and it worked perfectly
Even if it was corrupted during download, there isn't any reason it would remove cwm. Are you sure there were no other flashable tweaks or anything that you installed?

Even if it was corrupted during download, there isn't any reason it would remove cwm. Are you sure there were no other flashable tweaks or anything that you installed?

no tweaks i installed gapps but my phone worked fine after that i dont know if this will help or not but when i scroll threw my home screens it acts normal and after i wait 5 min for the app menu to load i can scroll threw that as well with no problem and keyboard works fine aswell its just when i try to open anything it takes so long

Back
Top Bottom