• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [TOOL][ALPHA] ZTE Source Unbrick Tool

Do you know what could possibly work?
1. You could learn to build cm for your device
2. You could post on the site you found cm11 and ask the dev to look into it.
3. You could start swapping stock rom files in place of the ones in the cm11 rom.

Option 2 is your best bet

If I were a woman. I would take you to the bedroom and lock the door. I am probably a ways away still from fixing my douche bag foul up but (((Finally))) my phone has a hint of life again. Thanks to your program and guidance given to others. Gracias Amigo...

Hi.

I've got a Source that doesn't boot. When I do start it up, it only makes it as far as the ZTE splash screen. What's really weird is that sometimes the colors are really messed up, or lines fly up/down the screen instead of the ZTE logo. Sometimes it just fades to bright white really slowly over the course of like 30sec.

I can boot into the stock recovery, and when I use "install via ADB" I can establish an adb connection, but every file I throw at it says "installation aborted" at the end. I even tried the unbrick_partitions file linked earlier in this thread.

When I try to run the unbrick tool, it tells me my device isn't connected. I press both volume buttons & power, and I just get a black screen w/ the red LED on. Is that correct? When I plug it in while Windows is running in this state, it does see a device and a storage partition, with a folder called "image" that contains lots of *.bxx files (where xx are numbers), an *.fli file, and 5 *.mdt files.

Here's what I did that led up to this problem.
  1. booted up stock ROM, turned on USB debugging, performed adb reboot bootloader, and then temp-booted PhilZ recovery with fastboot boot recovery.img
  2. When I booted into PhilZ recovery, the colors were EXTREMELY off, like, inverted in some places.
  3. I did the typical wipe and reinstall ROM to install the CM ROM that's linked in these very forums here.
  4. When I booted after the installation finished, it won't go past the ZTE logo
I've installed this CM build on several other Sources... and the color issue thing happens, but it will usually at least boot to CM. Once I get in the first time, the color thing isn't as prevalent.

Any suggestions? I can provide more information, if necessary. Just ask. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom