• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [TOOL] Udev Rule Tool

SuperR

Android Expert
Recognized Developer
Disclaimer: The use of this tool is entirely your decision and therefore anything that happens is your responsibilty ;)

FOR LINUX USERS ONLY!!!!

Introducing the Universal Udev Rule Tool. This tool will show you a list of usb devices attached to your Linux PC and allow you to pick one. Once chosen, the tool will set up a udev rule for that device.

Dependencies:

-Required - (you probably already have these)
whiptail
wget (for the update script)
unzip

- Preferred -
zenity
gksu
xterm

To Install:

1. Download udev_rule_tool_installer_7.tar.gz
  2. Extract file to PC.
  3. Run the extracted installer
  4. Open the app by going to your dash and typing "udev"

To Use:
  1. Open your dash (if you have one) and type "udev" without the quotes.
  2. Use the up, down, left, and right keys to navigate, and enter to select.
If you don't have a dash, you can type the following in a terminal:
Code:
cd /home/youruser/.myapps/udev_rule_tool
./udev_rule_tool_run

To Update:
  1. Open File manager
  2. Navigate to /home/youruser/.myapps/udev_rule_tool
  3. Run the update script

To Uninstall:
  1. Open File manager
  2. Navigate to /home/youruser/.myapps/udev_rule_tool
  3. Run the uninstall script

NOTE: If the script won't run or closes immediately, you are missing dependencies and will need to run the script from your terminal as outlined above.

Changelog:

v1 (9-3-13) - Initial release

v2 (9-3-13) - Filtered the device list to show less non-android devices

v3 (9-3-13) - Fixed tool not closing when pressing cancel on the device list window

v4 (9-5-13) -
  • Show less useless info in device list
  • Added a fallback for users without gksu and zenity. Depends on xterm, best I could do

v5 (9-5-13) -
  • Fallback Install script
  • Fallback update script
  • Fallback uninstall script
  • Requires uninstall of previous versions before installation

v6 (9-6-13) -
  • If you have zenity it will be used first, otherwise xterm
  • If you double-click the scripts and have xterm, they will run in xterm.
  • All scripts updated with terminal detection. If you run these scripts from a terminal and do not have zenity, gksu, or xterm installed, they will now run in your existing terminal.
  • Requires uninstall of previous versions before installation

v6.1 (9-6-13) -
  • Fixed uninstall only working when run in terminal
  • Fixed not being able to install from terminal
  • Requires uninstall of previous versions before installation. Hopefully this will be the last uninstall/reinstall lol

v7 (9-7-13) -
  • Changed the way the update script works to avoid uninstall/reinstall for new versions :)
  • Fixed the cancel button on the device chooser not canceling when using whiptail
  • Cleaned up the code on all scripts
  • Requires uninstall of previous versions before installation....hopefully the last time, again lol

Posted v2. If you have already installed, you can follow the update instructions in the op. Changelog is in post #2

edit: now v3 :)

What's funny is that you guys don't even see half of the tools I make...because they have nothing to do with Android or the warp2. So count your blessings lol

What's funny is that you guys don't even see half of the tools I make...because they have nothing to do with Android or the warp2. So count your blessings lol

I am counting my blessings trust me. Android/Linux needs every developer they can get and if it makes tasks easier i support it. Please please please keep up the SuperRb work! (Definitely the play on your name was intended lol)

v4 now available. Check the changelog in post #2.

This one requires an uninstall before install as the update script itself has been updated

edit: just realized the installer still requires zenity so you won't be able to install it to use the fallback lol. Fixing it now ;)

Just rewrote most of the script. Once I finished switching the install script, I realized the update script needed a do over, then the uninstall script.

v5 is born. Now, everything should work on many varieties of linux, not just gnome ;)

Confirmation of this would be most welcome :D

You must have xterm and whiptail on your system...you probably do already.

v6
Check the changelog in post #2. Another fallback feature so you can run it from terminal instead of needing zenity, gksu, and xterm. It will use those things if you have them but if not you can now run it the old fashioned way too ;)

This will make the tool much more widely compatible with various linux systems.

v6.1 lol check the changelog in post #2

Sorry, some important bug fixes. This will be the last until I hear some feedback ;)

This will be the last until I hear some feedback ;)
I lied lol

v7 (9-7-13) -
  • Changed the way the update script works to avoid uninstall/reinstall for new versions :)
  • Fixed the cancel button on the device chooser not canceling when using whiptail
  • Cleaned up the code on all scripts
  • You must uninstall previous versions before installation...hopefully the last time lol

Hey, just wanted say thanks for all your guys hard work finally got CWM to work after using the proper script through emulator,
!. Got this the files from here put it in SD Root:
http://androidforums.com/warp-sequent-all-things-root/669226-official-cwm-6-0-2-7-cwm-touch.html
2.Did the emulator script thing and voila it finally worked properly w/permissions etc.
3, Put the SuperROM_B11_2.zip file and System prep JB warp.zip in SD root.
4. Did a backup through CWM,
5. Flashed the JB partitions.
6. Did a factory data reset just in case.
7. Reboot into CWM flashed the SuperROM(you are friggin awesome dude)
8. Rebooted took a few min. then BABOOM into the ATOM thingy JB 4.1.2 and a way better OS.
Took a little tweaking to figure out how to restore my files from Nandroid, but I had a backup from
Titanium just in case.
9. BTW I went from the Stock B08 rom to the superB11 and no problems so far seems like my reception and 3g speed is a little faster as well as other stuff thank god cause I'm in a dead zone
and was thinking about dropping boost altogether... AWESOME WORK SuperR, et al
couldn't have done any of this without reading the instructions over and over

No I did not use this script I was just commenting on your other work related
to the ZTE.....
:pound:
Script I had to type into Emulator was: dd if=/sdcard/CWM-6.0.2.7-warp2.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p13
Kept getting the install abort privileges msg. thing when I tried to flash the ROM before.
Just thought I'd share anyhay cause it was a near miss. Thanks!

Also just wondering why you guys are working so hard on the Warp Sequent...
It's not the lastest and greatest if you know what I mean plus battery life is
Kinda shitty (unless I have too much bloatware). But Kinda stoked now...

Also just wondering why you guys are working so hard on the Warp Sequent...
It's not the lastest and greatest if you know what I mean plus battery life is
Kinda shitty (unless I have too much bloatware). But Kinda stoked now...

Because it's the phone i own lol

Back
Top Bottom