• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help toruble installing a couple games from market

londonstylz

Jan 31, 2011
i dont know what the heck is going on but i went to install two games from android market this morning and have not ben able to install them. Ive searched for them on market before and have ben unable to find them but today i was. The down completes, but then it says installation unsuccessful. the two games are "TNA Impact", and "Shadow Era". one of the games i paid $4.99 for. but since it has ben over the 15 minutes refund limit i dont know what i can do.

edit: just checked the web market and it says my device is incompatible with both games. why are they showing up on the market in my phone then?

edit 2: research on market shows flash player 10.3 available. flash update may be soon?

That is really strange. I kept getting emails from people that have the lg optimus v that were having problems installing my apps. I don't know if flash is supported for the lg optimus, but I don't think Google has filtered the new phones yet and/or something else might be wrong... either way I am a bit upset that I had to refund a couple people and I am also getting one stars from those that say that my app doesn't work when I know it does!! (tested on my EVO 4G and Xoom tablet) I also believe that it is just the prepaid phones with android 2.2 installed.

Upvote 0
That is really strange. I kept getting emails from people that have the lg optimus v that were having problems installing my apps. I don't know if flash is supported for the lg optimus, but I don't think Google has filtered the new phones yet and/or something else might be wrong... either way I am a bit upset that I had to refund a couple people and I am also getting one stars from those that say that my app doesn't work when I know it does!! (tested on my EVO 4G and Xoom tablet) I also believe that it is just the prepaid phones with android 2.2 installed.

Flash is not supported our CPU cannot handle it. Flash is buggy on high end phones so I really don't mind. The games are probably to high end for the phone also. Remember this is an entry level device. I can't wait for the Moto Triumph.

Upvote 0
i dont know what the heck is going on but i went to install two games from android market this morning and have not ben able to install them. Ive searched for them on market before and have ben unable to find them but today i was. The down completes, but then it says installation unsuccessful. the two games are "TNA Impact", and "Shadow Era". one of the games i paid $4.99 for. but since it has ben over the 15 minutes refund limit i dont know what i can do.

edit: just checked the web market and it says my device is incompatible with both games. why are they showing up on the market in my phone then?

edit 2: research on market shows flash player 10.3 available. flash update may be soon?
Yep, give it up on this flash pipedream on the OV. It MIGHT "run" but anything it ran would be like a VERY sssslllllooooowwww slideshow. Less than ARMv7 arch just doesn't have the efficiency to run flash or at least at the "speeds" that they're available in.

If you want flash you're going to just have to pony up for the Triumph, which I suspect would also solve your game problem.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones