• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Touchscreen deadspots

yknujssab

Android Enthusiast
Apr 15, 2012
BakersHELL, CA
So I have been having problems with my touch screen. I happened one day when I was on CM12RC5. I downloaded Screen Touch Test and I found a dead spot about 1/4" wide that ran from one end to the other. It fixed itself so I was cool. I have ran Blisspop, AICP, and Candy with no issues. I have been on these since they came out so I was running smooth for a while. Yesterday I started getting the same deadspot, but now I was having other problems. Complete unresponsive screen at times. I would have to turn the screen off then turn back on to be able to do anything. Even the buttons were not responding. I factory reset thinking that it was a theme I had installed. Still issues. I changed launcher, was running Apex. It helped for a bit but the problem came back in a while. So then I did a fresh install thinking that the software got messed up somehow. Same issue right off, even on TRWP recovery. So to day I decided to go stock and see if the problem still exists.
Anyone else with this kind of problem? If it still shows up I'm going to try going to Metro for a warranty. Or do I send it to ZTE?

delete the android folders in both sdcard and external sd

I'll try it out. Just need to root again. :rolleyes:

Ok, so I tried it out. As soon as I started setting up the device it started messing up. I erased both folders, rebooted, and kept on freezing and dead spot. I reverted back to stock and everything (the screen) is cool. Have no idea why this is happening.

Upvote 0
Update for you all. It still does it with it being stock. So I went to Metro today and told them my problems. Then I said that my phone had problems too.:p So they checked for damage, which of course there is none, and ordered a warranty replacement. $15 when it comes in. I thought that I was going to have to put up a fight. So as soon as I get my new one, back to Candy!!!:D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones