• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Tracking Mileage, Elevation, Speed?

duratime

Android Enthusiast
Mar 2, 2010
Cali
Sorry for asking this since I figured that it would come up in a search, but I didn't find what I'm looking for. I like to hike, and I would like to know my mileage, average speed, and the change in elevation. I would like to hit a start button at the start and a stop button at the end, and for it just to show me the stats. I don't want to plot it, share it, I don't even really care to store it. I know where I'm at, so I need no assistance in navigating my route. I would also like it to be able to work if it only has GPS signal. I'm looking for something pretty simple.
Thanks

google MyTracks. Its pretty fantastic, and offers the same satellite grid view you get with navigation.

You can just let it collect coordinates and load in the satellite later afterwards, but Make sure and turn on airplane mode (with gps) so your phone doesn't melt itself searching for 3g in the middle of the woods.

Thanks, I'll try it today.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones