• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Transferring sms from Symbain to Android phone

socrates0

Android Enthusiast
Does any one know of a s/w which can transfer data from a Nokia E63 to an Android Phone (make/model undecided yet but I am leaning towards a S2). I know how to transfer contacts & appointments but I am stuck wrt sms's. I would have normally use Outlook & MyPhoneExplorer to transfer data but for sms I am stuck. I have looked at some online sites like Phonecopy.com but its not clear if it will support transfer of sms. I want to be sure before I go for the new phone. Also copying to sim & back is not an option as the number of sms to be shifted from old to new phone exceeds the capacity in the SIM card
 
After a lot of experiments this link worked for me
Sir FZ's Personal Blog: Transfer SMS Messages from Nokia (Symbian) to Android
I managed to transfer ALL the sms to the new phone with date & time stamp being intact
biggrin_2.png


PS: I have tried this on an E63 & E6 (Belle) & worked well for both.
 
Back
Top Bottom